Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamic Ringz

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Erock1800
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dynamic Ringz

I installed the front rings no problem. Looks great. I installed the rear and the left light is brighter then the right. So I switched the lights...same results the left is brighter then the right. I applied the brakes and the duller light, which by the way isn't really dull but illuminates less then the left, and the right light lights up just as bright as the left. But the left light doesn't light up any brighter. I installed the factory bulbs again and they work fine. I still have to install my plasma rods which I will do this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamic Ringz-image.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Erock1800
Tourer

Rear lights left is brighter....

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamic Ringz-image.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF? Thanks for posting and I'm curious as to what the fix is. Have you tried the "learn process" or called Custom Dynamics support?
Good luck and please post your results. I'm getting ready to do this as well.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, nice bike.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Your problem is probably in the left side light's wiring harness. I had a problem when I put LEDs on my wife's Softail Deluxe. The incandescent lights worked fine but the LEDs would not work. After some searching I found a thread about checking the wiring harness as LEDs are more sensitive to wiring errors than the incandescent bulbs are. After reversing the wiring everything on the wife's bike worked great.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that's jacked up! I would give them a call and see if they have any ideas. Please let us know what you find because these are one of my next mods as soon as I get my bonus in March.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:54 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

If I am correct,

there was a post awhile back that mention on the 2014 models, you DONT need a load equalizer.

Something bout Turning on the hazards lights and letting the canbus system (2014 new system, or whatever it's called) learn that there are now LEDs hooked up.

Also, the ignition may have to be on too.

I could be wrong, but the best answer is to give Custom Dynamics a call or email them.

I had this info handy.

800.392.1388 toll free number.
www.customdynamics.com web

Good luck,

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 01-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Erock1800
Tourer

i did call CD, very nice and helpful. I did not buy the load equalizer since the 2014 do not need it. Ash (CD) even got a tech on the phone for me. So when I got home today. I removed the rear LEDs, reinstalled the stock lights. They worked fine. So the tech told me to check the light socked if there is grease in there clean it all out, there was and i did. HD puts grease on the bulbs. Once I cleaned it out and reinstalled the LEDs all worked fine. Nice. This weekend I will installed the Plasma Rods. I would highly recommend this mod to everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4471.jpg   Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4472.jpg   Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4473.jpg   Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4474.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Erock1800
Tourer

Here is the front view of both bikes. I have to say my aftermarket HID on my M109R is brighter then my stock HD Daymaker. I think I am going to add CD Ringz to my 9 as well.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4475.jpg   Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4476.jpg   Custom Dynamic Ringz-img_4477.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Rider1973
Advanced
Default I know we never read the instructions....it is our nature.

I just installed my Dynamic rings and rear LEDs last weekend on my 2014 SGS. The only challenge I had was getting the lens cap to close all the way down at first. I ended up pushing the gaskets in a little deeper.

The CD instructions Note that: "Dielectric grease does not need to be used with LEDs. it can actually prevent the bulb from working." Harley does slather on it's bulbs with it. I cleaned out gobs of it before installing my CD products.

Originally Posted by Erock1800
i did call CD, very nice and helpful. I did not buy the load equalizer since the 2014 do not need it. Ash (CD) even got a tech on the phone for me. So when I got home today. I removed the rear LEDs, reinstalled the stock lights. They worked fine. So the tech told me to check the light socked if there is grease in there clean it all out, there was and i did. HD puts grease on the bulbs. Once I cleaned it out and reinstalled the LEDs all worked fine. Nice. This weekend I will installed the Plasma Rods. I would highly recommend this mod to everyone.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamic Ringz