Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vindikta 14"Apes 1-1/2 diameter

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Brykwil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC_FXDWG
Nice bars and bike. I got 12 icnh apes on order from Joe. Great dude to deal with, Im local to him and picking them up early next week, cant wait.
Post some pics ASAP!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Installed my 12's from vindikta the other day. I can't say I'm disappointed, they look awesome. But I was surprised that with the price I paid for them and all the reviews on here, fitment left a lot to be desired. I had to shave the corners off my clamps because the welds on the bars contacted them before they were completely seated in the clamp. And on the website it says to trim 1/8" off the fairing corner to clear the bars? Yeah, well, I had to trim more. Way more. Like not even in the ballpark of 1/8" and it wasn't just on the corner. I had to shave the whole bottom flat edge a good 1/4" and open up the hole the same, and also shave back a good 1/2" near the bends so I could roll them up far enough to where they didn't look retarded. And I also had to knock down the powder coat to my throttle grip didn't hang up, but I think that was partially due to the grips right from Harley, because my factory grip was fine, but the willie g grip (new out of the box) stuck like a son of a bitch. So all in all on a scale of 1-10, customer service - 10. Looks - 10. Fitment- 5.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I installed a set of 12" Vindikta's on my '09 Flht replacing some Wild1 10" 575's. Zero problems installing them other than wiring being more of a pain to run through the bars. (No extensions needed.) I will need to replace my HDbikeparts extended clutch and brake lines since they are ****-poor quality...

Old 04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brykwil

On the bike all day today BAD *** & COMFORTABLE! The geezer glide has left the building.lol Sorry for all the pics,extremely happy with my work/ride.
I just picked up 14" Vindikta bars and got the wire extensions from Namz, but I'm not sure where to get brake & clutch cables or how much longer. Can you point me to where you got your cables & how long, or how long over stock?

Old 04-18-2014, 10:28 PM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my Vindikta 12's, they look and feel great. Big Lou my dealer did the install due to having some labor credit with them from the purchase. They used magnum shielding cables and guerilla wire extensions. I cant tell you what size they went with.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Brykwil
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bigg Lou
I just picked up 14" Vindikta bars and got the wire extensions from Namz, but I'm not sure where to get brake & clutch cables or how much longer. Can you point me to where you got your cables & how long, or how long over stock?

I just rerouted stock cables. How long are you're Namz Ext? My Vindikta Apes fit like a glove,a little trim job with a small grinding wheel. Yes more than 1/8 but easy to grind down & worth it having 1-1/2 bars. Looks better than most! IMO

Last edited by Brykwil; 04-19-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Brykwil
Tourer

JC FXDWG. Your bike is BAD A**Nice job

Last edited by Brykwil; 04-19-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brykwil
I just rerouted stock cables. How long are you're Namz Ext? Mine fit like a glove,a little trim job with a small grinding wheel. Yes more than 1/8 but easy to grind down & worth it having 1-1/2 bars. Looks better than most! IMO
I got the 15" extensions from Namz just in case I want to go higher on the apes. Probably won't as I really like the look of the 14" Vindikta Apes and they sit right above the fairing but still behind the windshield. So good enough for me, but riding after I button it all up will tell me. I figured for only a couple bucks more so no big deal to go 15", better to have to much than not enough.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer

JC_FXDWG you have a fine looking SGS. I hate chrome! All blacked out looks awesome. I'm currently blacking mine out in wrinkle black powder coat.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 AM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you, I dont dislike chrome, I love me a chromed out deluxe or road king but I think on certain bikes the blacked out approach looks great if done right. I want to see yours once your done with it.

Quick Reply: Vindikta 14"Apes 1-1/2 diameter