Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adventure HD buys another dealership in OH

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by CRocks
I don't know this, I'm purely guessin, but I'd bet they find a new site right off the interstate somewhere. As mentioned earlier, that's what HD wants for all their dealers, the mom+ pop shops are doomed. That's what they did here in Dover + that's what they did when they took over Liberty in Akron.
It'll be interesting to see if/when they move. 150th or Snow would be my guess IF they want interstate traffic.

I used to go to Liberty all the time. Worked right down the hill on Howard.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
They are IN Cleveland, ON Lorain Ave.

I wonder if they'll still be a Honda dealer as well.

They have a lot of room (parking lot wise) to do events.

Looking forward to the change.
Errr, I think he was talking about my local dealer. I live in Lorain...

Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Frankie G
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
It'll be interesting to see if/when they move. 150th or Snow would be my guess IF they want interstate traffic.

I used to go to Liberty all the time. Worked right down the hill on Howard.
Funny you should say that. Brookgate shopping center, corner of Smith and Snow, has been struggling that past few years keeping tenants. They've just lost a couple more big ones. I saw on the news not to long ago that the city was already talking to a "Giant", whatever that is, and trying to make it lucrative enough for them to come to Brookgate.

Last edited by Frankie G; 02-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could've been given bad info, but I was told by a salesman from a different location that all new construction dealerships must have direct highway access per HD (Lake Erie, Century...). I really hope they don't move, but just update/ expand the existing building. I enjoy the short walk when I drop it off for service.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM
CRocks
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mwegryn
I could've been given bad info, but I was told by a salesman from a different location that all new construction dealerships must have direct highway access per HD (Lake Erie, Century...). I really hope they don't move, but just update/ expand the existing building. I enjoy the short walk when I drop it off for service.
Just got back from a HOG Steel Toe Tour of the York PA plant + got the skinny on the dealership change. Transfer will be complete by 4th of next month. The new name will be Rock-N-Roll HD. It will be moving to another location yet to be determined.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRocks
The new name will be Rock-N-Roll HD. It will be moving to another location yet to be determined.
Well lookie there! rocknrollharley.com was just registered last week!
http://dnstoolkit.net/whois/rocknrollharley.com

http://www.register.com/whois.rcmx

Registrant Name: Steve Dulaney
Registrant Organization: Adventure Harley-Davidson
Registrant Street: 1465 State Rt 39 NW
Registrant City: Dover
Registrant State/Province: Ohio
Registrant Postal Code: 44622
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.3303646519
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.3303435839
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: steve@hmhd.com

Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,689 Likes on 2,259 Posts

There is no shortage of dealers in the NE Ohio area so its not like people have been missing out. There is Cleveland, Mentor, Southeast, Century, Rubber City, etc etc.. It's not like a new dealer is going to be giving away free or heavily discounted bikes or something. Best of luck to them but not sure why the excitement. If anything, it decreases competition between owners.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM
CRocks
Road Master

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
There is no shortage of dealers in the NE Ohio area so its not like people have been missing out. There is Cleveland, Mentor, Southeast, Century, Rubber City, etc etc.. It's not like a new dealer is going to be giving away free or heavily discounted bikes or something. Best of luck to them but not sure why the excitement. If anything, it decreases competition between owners.
Nope, they don't give bikes away, but just about everything else. Actually, that's incorrect! They gave away a gorgeous 1200 Anniversary Sporty last year + I won one of the 110 keys to start the bike. I was like nos 11 in line + the girl in nos 9 spot 's key started the bike. The ceremony was at Rubber City last summer. I couldn't name all the great prizes I've won participating in Adventure HD's contests/events. My point is merely the residents of that area can look forward to a huge increase in dealer sponsored activities year round. That HOG chapter will receive tremendous backing by this new owner. This is also what HD wants, big dealers, right off the interstate, with lots goin on. If you're into those kind of activities, and I am, it's a big plus. If you're a lone wolf, then it's SOS for you.

Last edited by CRocks; 02-18-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:10 AM
CRocks
Road Master

Officially opened today. Got a great logo, should have some awesome t-shirts. Can't wait to ride up there. Can't wait to ride ANYWHERE

http://www.rocknrollcityharley.com/

Old 10-31-2014, 12:15 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member

http://www.cleveland.com/brook-park/...rship_bre.html

He plans to move the dealership next summer from 14550 Lorain Ave. in Cleveland to more than five vacant acres at Brookpark Road and West 150th Street...

...His new site backs on Interstate 480, just south of a westbound ramp...

The owner says, "We're building a full-service, state-of-the-art Harley-Davidson dealership." He's spending an estimated $4 to $4.5 million and raising a 40,000-square foot building...

He expects to employ 45 to 50 people here. He predicts at least $14 million in sales and at least $1.4 million in payroll...

His new property straddles The Geek Shop, a vehicle repair business at the northeast corner of Brookpark and W. 150th. Davis has driveways to both streets...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like a nice location.

Hopefully it's early summer they move.

Quick Reply: Adventure HD buys another dealership in OH