Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Street Glide accessory switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:41 PM
quigley
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Street Glide accessory switch

Where is the accessory switch on the 2014 Streetglide. I dont see one on the dash.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:04 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by quigley
Where is the accessory switch on the 2014 Streetglide. I dont see one on the dash.
There are 3 dummy spots on each side of the lower dash. I put auxiliary lights on my 14 and you replace the 3 dummies with one live and 2 dummies. The 3 are one unit and have a prewired plug attached to each. One good thing about the 14 SG is that the bike is prewired for auxiliary lights (plug n play). The main accessory switch is on the ignition switch, if that is what you are talking about.

Last edited by 68beep; 02-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM
quigley
Tourer

Is this prewired to the plug under the seat?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe there is an aux connector under the seat but the Aux lights or spot lights are prewired for a switch on the dash panel. If your talking about aux connector for say rear light and such that is under the seat as it is just a connector.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
quigley
Tourer

I'm trying to add a accessory switch on my dash and use the plug under my seat to power the switch.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

What is the switch for? If your trying to and an Aux light switch for spot lights it is prewired and you will need to buy the switch panel that was mentioned above. If your trying to add just a random accessory switch I would run a dedicated hot wire to the battery. I believe the aux connector under the seat is dedicated to rear aux lighting if it's the connector I'm thinking of.

Last edited by Webo; 02-10-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:38 PM
quigley
Tourer

All the previous years had a accessory switch on the dash that was powered by the plug under the seat. You could plug in to it and power different things using the switch on the dash. I guess what I need to know is if the blank plugs on the dash are still powered by the same plug under the seat.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

The blank plugs are not really blanks on the 2014's. If you pull the panel off you will find that everything is already wired up and just waiting for you to buy the switches. So one is already wired for spotlights, one for power locks, and on for heated seat. There is another thread on this that might help some with alternative uses. Look here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ut-outs-2.html

Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked at the 14 wiring diagram and there is an 8 pin plug connector that is labled P & A connector in the area of the seat and I did trace most of the wires back to the blank switch on the dash panel.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just went down to the dealership today to get an answer about adding accessories to the 2014. What I can tell you is there is no OEM B+ or "ACC" connector like what came standard on all previous model year touring bikes. You must purchase an accessory harness for about $25 that plugs into that new 8 position Molex connector under the left side cover. I wasn't there to find out about the dash switches, I'm sure there are some "standard" touring accessory package items that will utilize the switches on the dash, but I have no idea what they are or what must be purchased. Basically if you want to add an accessory you need to purchase the additional harness. If it was my bike, I'd go with the ring terminal straight to the battery or trace back to an unused position on the fuse block.

Quick Reply: 2014 Street Glide accessory switch