Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do highway peg make your ride more comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In a word, Yes. They make a long ride much more enjoyable. Make sure they're in the correct place. Get them installed and sit on the bike and make sure they're positioned right. When they are, snug them down and enjoy the ride.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 PM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,529 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I cant even ride to the store without putting my feet on mine. Very comfortable and a must on longer rides IMO
+1. An absolute must for me. 5'8 210lbs (I have big bones) 30 inch inseam

Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

More than just the comfort it gives you more positions to sit and move around to. It all helps in log time in the saddle comfort.Hwy pegs, a comfortable seat, removable rider backrest and ergonomically fitting bars.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno, maybe mine are in the wrong spot or my setup is all wrong, but mine aren't comfortable for me. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and I find my hips and calves cramp up. I have to get my feet back on the boards to be more comfortable. Maybe if I had a backrest or different bars besides beach bars....I dunno. They were kind of a disappointment for me.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 474 Likes on 253 Posts

I use mine when I really need to stretch my legs, but not real often honestly. But....when u need em there is no substitute for em! Although, when riding solo, I like to use the passenger pegs for my heels. I can ride all day like this.

Attached Thumbnails Do highway peg make your ride more comfortable?-image-3125347628.jpg  
Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 PM
jgrohio
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
I dunno, maybe mine are in the wrong spot or my setup is all wrong, but mine aren't comfortable for me. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam and I find my hips and calves cramp up. I have to get my feet back on the boards to be more comfortable. Maybe if I had a backrest or different bars besides beach bars....I dunno. They were kind of a disappointment for me.
I would think the beach bar sitting position just isn't great for stretching out. I love the look but didn't like them for long rides, prefer taller bars.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jgrohio
I would think the beach bar sitting position just isn't great for stretching out. I love the look but didn't like them for long rides, prefer taller bars.
That's kind of what I'm feeling with the pegs out. Its almost like I'm hanging on tighter to the bars with no back support, you know? I betcha that's whats going on with my setup. I'm fine on long trips until I try to use the highway pegs....then the cramping begins......

ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Webo
The hwy pegs give you the ability to change leg positions for stretching out which normally would add to the comfort of the bike. I like to rest my heal on the floorboards and my toes on the pegs. Occasionally I'll rest my heals on the hwy pegs which lets me stretch my legs straight out.

One of the first things I do to every bike I have owned...

Freebirdsride1
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I us them because of lack of leg room, so I have them set low on the engine guard so my heel rest on the floor boards and ball of my foot rest on the pegs.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:11 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,602 Likes on 5,171 Posts

NA but your sure look cool all spread out there. They give you a place to change position when you feel the need. Just depends on how long you ride at a time.
Have them on the softail but not the RGU

Quick Reply: Do highway peg make your ride more comfortable?