Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering a street glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I use 11.5 inch Progressive shocks and a Road6 lowering block kit, I don't bottom even riding 2 up. The shocks do have HD springs, I like the ride and the slammed look.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM
dulley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the spacers for the bags and no problem on my other bike I didn't use them it did rub to but not bad either

Old 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
dulley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both my 2011 road glide and my 2010 street glide never bottom out and my wife rides every where with me . and never notice anything different in the ride and I have a new lower seat to . its just a lot safer coming to a stop and put both feet on the ground

Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM
harleylay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a problem reaching the ground I like the look better especially with a 21 inch front wheel.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:05 PM
toprat
Cruiser

Mine is lowered 2" front and 1.5" rear using the Burly Street Slammer Kit. No complaints here. Rides fine solo or two up. Doesn't bottom out. It does ride a little stiffer but I don't mind. I just keep an eye out for large bumps.

Attached Thumbnails lowering a street glide-image-2597538716.jpg   lowering a street glide-image-114025506.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,247 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Originally Posted by VTL nut
Trade it in on a bike you can touch the ground with.
here we go. always gotta be someone who comes up with this gem of an idea. like touring bikes are only for tall(er) people, and if you don't have a 32'' or longer inseam, you have no business on a touring bike.

pfffffttttt...... i can't flatfoot my bike, at least not with both feet. i just pay attention to the lay of the land when i am getting ready to park. if the spot slopes down, i back in. if it slopes up, then i pull in and roll out backward when it's time to leave.

and just for the record, i've seen taller people have the same type of issues that we shorter folks have, not able to back up, slip and drop their bike in a parking lot, etc....

and just in case you weren't serious, but only joking, next time use a smilie

Old 02-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Turret_plug
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toprat
Mine is lowered 2" front and 1.5" rear using the Burly Street Slammer Kit. No complaints here. Rides fine solo or two up. Doesn't bottom out. It does ride a little stiffer but I don't mind. I just keep an eye out for large bumps.
What size rear do you have? I run 21/18..... Terrified to install my slammer kit with the 18" rear wheel due to clearance issues

Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
here we go. always gotta be someone who comes up with this gem of an idea. like touring bikes are only for tall(er) people, and if you don't have a 32'' or longer inseam, you have no business on a touring bike.

pfffffttttt...... i can't flatfoot my bike, at least not with both feet. i just pay attention to the lay of the land when i am getting ready to park. if the spot slopes down, i back in. if it slopes up, then i pull in and roll out backward when it's time to leave.

and just for the record, i've seen taller people have the same type of issues that we shorter folks have, not able to back up, slip and drop their bike in a parking lot, etc....

and just in case you weren't serious, but only joking, next time use a smilie
I simply bring it up for it was one of the first things the instructor stressed, 35 years ago. It has stuck with me very since.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:46 PM
toprat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Turret_plug
What size rear do you have? I run 21/18..... Terrified to install my slammer kit with the 18" rear wheel due to clearance issues
200/55/17 on a 17x6 pm wheel. No issues so far!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,109 Likes on 771 Posts

Just curious...I have many time heard people talk about lowering a street glide and never understood the deal. I mean, a street glide is already...well, lowered, isn't it? I mean compared to my ultra the damn things are already on the ground! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doin' what you like, just trying to figger it out..

Quick Reply: lowering a street glide