Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok posted on toy hauler now I need to outfit it

Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Hogster 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok posted on toy hauler now I need to outfit it

THANK ALL OF YALL who contributed to the toy hauler post of mine!!
Ok Now I have made my decision and bought one...so can ya,ll help me out again and tell me what you must have to outfit it? Of course I need everything and all ideas. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

if that's your toy hauler in the background of your sigpic, then you've got a world of options. and a bank account much bigger than mine

looking forward to your pics when you're finished. i want to one year get a toy hauler myself. have to get a truck that'll pull it first

Old 02-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,408 Likes on 879 Posts

I don't know if they come with them already but you should invest in those track mount D-ring systems. They give you unlimited options for tying down your bikes.

Also lots of interior lights!

Have fun

Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Freebirdsride1
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you can start out by installing a bear keger refrigerator with bear to start the hard work that's your road trips will entail.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran E-track down the sides and a strip in the center as well as the harbor frights wheel chocks. The actual wheel stop is removable only leaving a mounting plate. I can run a single or staggered with this setup.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Depends on what Toy Hauler you got, what make and model? Then we can start spending your money for you.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

No matter which one you bought, the fist thing I would buy is a TPMS system for the tires. Most likely you won't be able to see the tires on the trailer and all it takes is for you to pick up a nail or something and if that tire heats up, it's going to tear up those fender skirts on that nice new toy hauler.

Seen it happen way too many times to people talking to them in campgrounds.
I bought this system 4 years ago for my 5th wheel toy hauler.

http://tsttruck.com/product/507-starter-system-kit/

Good system, reports tire pressure and tire temperature. Never had one issue with them. You can get the sensors with replaceable batteries.

The next thing I would do is replace the batteries in the toy hauler (assumming it has them) with 2 Golf cart batteries. Much better than using a deep cycle. Will hold a charge much longer.

A lot of ideas can be found on the RVNet forum.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
if that's your toy hauler in the background of your sigpic, then you've got a world of options. and a bank account much bigger than mine

looking forward to your pics when you're finished. i want to one year get a toy hauler myself. have to get a truck that'll pull it first
look real close , that's not his toy hauler , that's what he pulls it with put get GOOD straps , a wheel chock and soft ties

Old 02-14-2014, 06:39 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Freebirdsride1
Well you can start out by installing a bear keger refrigerator with bear to start the hard work that's your road trips will entail.
No do not keep a bear in a fridge it makes them really cranky

Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I just watched a video last night of guy who installed a solar power system on the top of his 5th wheeler to keep his batteries charged when he was not hooked up to power. Pretty cool setup. I think he said it cost him $600. If you're planning on doing a lot of boon docking it might be a good idea.

Also saw a video on the proper batteries to use with solar. The recommendation was 2-6 volt golf cart batteries rather than car or marine batteries. Golf cart batteries are designed for continuous output at their rated power. Car batteries are not designed for continuous output.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok posted on toy hauler now I need to outfit it