Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 / SGS - Stage One

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 02:23 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 14 / SGS - Stage One

I'm coming up on my 1000 mile service. I stopped by one of the local HD dealers and told them what I was looking for, (get rid of the cat, better exhaust (not to loud) and breather, they recommended the following to be done at the same time they do the service work.

V&H power duals head pipe
V&H slip-ons (twin slash rounds) w/ baffle quiet inserts
Stage 1 air cleaner kit (uses the stock cover)
Fuel Pak

I might go a different direction with the breather.

What do you think about the combo? Honest opinions wanted.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like everything but the fuel Pak. It's a piggy back system and can only change a few things like add fuel. I would do a true flash tuner like the SEPST or PV and if money isn't to tight get it dyno tuned.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:45 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe they recommended the Fuel Pak. The HD dealers by me advise against them. I'm guessing mainly because it's not their own part ($). But the dealer by me also made a good point....because the tuner stays on the bike, if it ever fails, you are hosed. Something that allows a MAP to be downloaded to the ECU can't fail while you ride it (i.e. the SE tuner). It makes sense to me...just some food for thought. Some guys use the FP's with great results. I had a FP on my Nightster and could never get it dialed in very well despite multiple calls to V&H's tech department. It allows some generic tweaking, but not the fine tuning needed or wanted.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a V&H fuelpak on my last bike. Didn't care for it at all. Replaced with a cobra power pro. On the new bike I went with a SE tuner and got it dynoed.

BTW, loved the choice of bike and color.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I like everything but the fuel Pak. It's a piggy back system and can only change a few things like add fuel. I would do a true flash tuner like the SEPST or PV and if money isn't to tight get it dyno tuned.
I'm with ya on that I think for the money the PV is hands down the best value.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
I'm with ya on that I think for the money the PV is hands down the best value.
Second that. PV is certainly worth it. If you decide to go PV, purchase off of Fuel Moto and they will send it you complete with map, set up based on your components added. They are great to work with.
And, if your going to use the Stage 1 A/C unit that uses stock cover, I have one for sale... PM me

Old 02-17-2014, 06:46 PM
klink58
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Road King

I bought my new bike last fall and told the dealer I wanted her delivered with stage 1.I had SE street cannons with fishtails,stage one air kit and remapped.Am I missing something.Is this stage one?You guys are talking PV's .Can you fill me in a little. should I get it on a dyno to fine tune it after break in period is over?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by klink58
I bought my new bike last fall and told the dealer I wanted her delivered with stage 1.I had SE street cannons with fishtails,stage one air kit and remapped.Am I missing something.Is this stage one?You guys are talking PV's .Can you fill me in a little. should I get it on a dyno to fine tune it after break in period is over?
PV... Dynojet Power Vision. If you had your bike remapped by dealer than you are running Stage 1.. Dealer can do a simple download or you install a Screamin Eagle Street Tuner, SEST, which I would consider a Stage 1.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:40 PM
HDReiter
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let me know how you like the V&H slip-ons (twin slash rounds) w/ baffle quiet inserts if you get them. I have V&H power duals with the Freedom Performance Racing Slip-ons. Way to loud for me. Decided to put the stock slip-ons back on and it's still loud, but at least the cat is gone. Still looking if there is a better option.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HDReiter
Let me know how you like the V&H slip-ons (twin slash rounds) w/ baffle quiet inserts if you get them.
The HD shop had a bike there with the V&H twin slash rounds that I listened to (running inside) when I told them that it was too loud they suggested the baffle quiet inserts. I don't want loud, so I like the option of having the baffle. I'll keep you posted it I go with this set up.

Quick Reply: 14 / SGS - Stage One