Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory pro carb kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:08 PM
FiremanJeff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory pro carb kit

I have a 06 streetglide with a carb want to put on the screaming eagle heavybbreather kit on it, gonna also put rienhart true duals too . It has screaming eagle slip ons on it now. Gonna need a baseline for jetting and I wondered if anybody has used a factory pro carb jetting kit before. Love the bike but i know I have carb issues cause right now when it is sitting in traffic (hot) you crack the throttle and the bike farts coughs through carb pretty embarrassing. I know carb bikes are the red headed step child here just hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. or should i get a mekuni

Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default carb

Put a Dynajet in the carb and it will cure your cold blooded starts and stumbling. They come with excellent directions and are easy to install. ! ! ! !

Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 PM
FiremanJeff
Cruiser

anybody got a baseline for jetting with riemharts and a heavy breather

Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FiremanJeff
anybody got a baseline for jetting with riemharts and a heavy breather
Stick a Thurderslide kit in it.
The directions tell you what jet to use for basic setups.

Or you can throw a Mikuni 42 on it, right out of the box it should be good.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scooty
Put a Dynajet in the carb and it will cure your cold blooded starts and stumbling. They come with excellent directions and are easy to install. ! ! ! !
dynajet kit sucks big time, you'll lose big mpg's....stock cv carb is a great carb.. just visit a few harley dealers and ask the service manager what jets ya need...or find a good indy. ya don't need anything more then a cv unless your doing major engine work. I miss my ol cv carb bikes!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Spokomo
Advanced

I picked up an '01 carbed EGS last spring that was bone stock and had just barely over 5000 miles on it. When I put the screamin' eagle slip-ons and stage one air cleaner on it all I did to the carb was change out the slow jet to a 48 and shimmed the needle with two #4 washers. I'm leaving the stock 190 main jet in for now. Fuel mileage is good (42 - 48 consistent). Over-all I'm happy with it. I might bump the 190 up to 195 when I tear into it again this winter just to see if it gives it any better WOT response.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 AM
hdfat2001
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FiremanJeff
I have a 06 streetglide with a carb want to put on the screaming eagle heavybbreather kit on it, gonna also put rienhart true duals too . It has screaming eagle slip ons on it now. Gonna need a baseline for jetting and I wondered if anybody has used a factory pro carb jetting kit before. Love the bike but i know I have carb issues cause right now when it is sitting in traffic (hot) you crack the throttle and the bike farts coughs through carb pretty embarrassing. I know carb bikes are the red headed step child here just hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. or should i get a mekuni
45 (stock) or 46 slow jet. Leave the Main jet at stock, either shim the stock needle with 2 #4 washers or put in a Sportster Needle P/N 27094-88. Tyrn the A/f screw in until lightly seated then back out 2.5 turns, should be pretty close. #48 low is way too fat for most simple builds.

You can fine tune it a bit. get the bike up to temp, set the idle at 1000 rpm. then slowly turn the A/F screw in until the engine starts to stumble then back it off about a 1/4 turn. If with the screw all the way in the bike still runs good the slow jet is too big.