Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Anderson TourPak Relocator Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default George Anderson TourPak Relocator Kit

Decided to put all of the info for George Anderson's TourPak Relocator kit on one page. I am not associated w/ Mr. Anderson. But it took me reading 10 different posting to get this information adn figured that was way too much trouble for such a good product. I don't thike he has a web site but give him a call. He is a super person to deal with. I think also, he accepts checks or money orders only.

George Anderson
Moline, IL
Home: 309-762-6291
Cell: 309-236-0952

He makes a tour-pak relocation kit that is allot better then anything else out there, and a lot easier to install. It is a black steel plate that goes between the stock mounting "u-tube" and the tourpak. It bolts to the tourpak, and then has 2 sets of bolt holes that goes to the "u-tube". That allows you to choose between 1 1/4" or 2 1/2" movement back from stock. The edges are polished, and it comes with all bolts needed and instructions. It allows you to use the stock position (remove George's kit, 10 bolts out, 5 bolts in), or swich between 1.25" back and 2.5" back by removing 5 bolts and putting them back in at the new location. This can be useful if you ever expect to ride with different passengers. This can also be used with the detachable tour pak kit from HD.Cost around $100 delivered.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts
Default RE: George Anderson TourPak Relocator Kit

You're right, it's a great kit. I am installling mine either this morning or tomorrow morning.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM
jbhawley
Road Master

Here is a pic of the relocator mount.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM
jbhawley
Road Master

oops

[IMG]local://upfiles/2462/8523E85B74FC436A9B470EAF2194F9CF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you use this with the quick detachable kit from Harley?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
jbhawley
Road Master

READ...LOL
This can also be used with the detachable tour pak kit from HD

Old 03-24-2007, 11:49 AM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a new C&C seat on my SG and it was a real tight fit with my removable Tourpak. I put on George's extender and it fits perfect. He has a very high quality product at an excellent price. I don't think you could build one cheaper without access to a full metal shop.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:07 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to use his kit,but with my need to space up the tour pak because of police style bags I'll have to use the kuryakyn 1527 rack. I have mine set up using 2 tubes with the spacers,doesnt look as if georges kit would let me do this,i need a full 1" lift above the bolt on tube rack thats standard to clear the bag lids.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:02 AM
jbhawley
Road Master

I have the police style bags on my EG as well. Here is what I did to mke it work.
[ol][*]From the detach rack base add a set of spacers. These are the small alum. trinkets that allow bolting from a flat side on one side to a round side on the other. There comes 5 of these with the detach rack. You will need to order 5 additional ones from HD. They are 1$ each.[*]Mount the "U" shaped chrome rack that would normally go directly under the tour pak to the spacers. So now you have..detach rack, spacers, U shaped chrome bar.[*]Put in the second set of 5 alum spacers on the top to the U shaped rack. This will now give you a flat mounting surface.[*]Place the relocator rack on top of the spacers. You may need longer bolts that comes with the relocator rack. You can get them from any hardware store. Grade 5 is OK. Grade 8 bolts are the best if available. They are just 1/4 in standard threaded bolts[*]Mount the tour pack.[*]The added spacers give enough lift to clear the police saddlebag lids from hitting the tour pak. You may have to either remove the rubber bumper pads from the bottom of the tour pak or trim the edge a bit. I just trimmed the edge about 1/8 in just in case. It is not noticable at all.[*]The relocator rack will give almost 1 in additional clearance and the spacers about another 3/8 in.[*]So when its all said and done you will have the following.[ol][*]detach rack[*]spacers[*]Chrome U bar from detach kit[*]spacers[*]relocator plate[*]tour pak[/ol][*]It sounds like a bunch of add ons but really it is very un-noticable as the relocator rack is polished alum on the edges so it blends in pretty good with the chrome. You only notice it because you know its there. I doubt if a non-EG rider would ever notice it. Plus the added room for the passenger is great.
[/ol]Before I added the relocator to my pak, i had put alum bushings between the detach rack and the tour pak to get the clearance. It worked, but i didnt like the way it looked and felt a bit uneasy about the way it was mounted, although I doubt if it would have ever give me trouble. I will get a pic posted shortly on my set up.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
kwas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see on the kuryakyn 1527 rack info it says Note: Not compatible with H-D's accessory enhanced sound system that positions an amplifier under the Tour-Pak.

Is George's?

Quick Reply: George Anderson TourPak Relocator Kit