Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM
*Road King*
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys

http://www.tallboyscycles.com/

best purchase I have made yet. I had forward controls on both my '02 road king and my '11 street glide. installed these along with the 1" floorboard extension kit and man what a difference. I also installed the extended brake pedal and extended shift lever. It's like riding with forward controls but with more options to mover your feet around.

I have given the bike a good run around some twisties with no problems.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be all over these, but at $199, I think not. Curious though, can they be used with extended floorboards and Harley Goodies Extensions?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:11 PM
*Road King*
Tourer

I have the 1" extensions. The lowering kit uses the same mounts to the frame as well as to the floorboards. At $199.00 it is a very cheap install for us tall guys. These bikes ain't made to be comfortable for anyone over 5'10". First thing I did on both of my touring bikes was remove the floorboards and install coward controls. But when I found these I was in heaven.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:59 PM
greengoone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try almost anything for more leg room and these helped. Fitted with additional 1" extensions ( like Harley Goodies), foot pegs on my engine guard, Harley extended footboard pans, softbrake extended brake lever, Wild One WO572's, and a Tall Boy seat I am quite comfortable on my Road King. I could not get them to work with the Kury 1" forward and 1" out extensions. I'm sure they would probably restrict lean angle for some who want every bit they can get.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 PM
*Road King*
Tourer

I agree, I have the Kury 1" forward and 1" outs as well, I tried to install them and it wasn't working too well on the front bracket. With the extended brake by Kury and the 10" extended shifter I found I do not have to take my feet of the boards to apply either.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:15 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You boys are tempting me. I'm 6'5" and need all the legroom possible. Do these REALLY make that significant of a difference? Do they get your knees off the tank? Can anyone share before and after pics of them mounted?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 370 Posts

pics... get some pics up

Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 AM
banjoplayer2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

greenegoone when you say " I could not get them to work with the Kury 1" forward and 1" out extensions".
What about that setup didn't work? Do you mean physically it would not work, or for riding comfort it didn't work?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

def have my attention though

Old 02-28-2014, 07:00 AM
*Road King*
Tourer

here are some pictures of my install. compare locations to your current install and you will see thay are 2" lower and 2" pushed forward.

Attached Thumbnails Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys-floor-left.jpg   Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys-floor-right-2.jpg   Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys-floor-right.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lowered Floorboards from TallBoys