Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth on radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 AM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default bluetooth on radio

2013 street glide.
Has anyone come up with a way to stream Pandora thru the stock radio using a wireless Bluetooth receiver.

I seen the ones on Amazon but hate to have to charge up. The ones with a cord, not sure on cord length so I could mount inside the fairing and route cord to input hole.

What are you using? Not wanting to change radios so that out.

All the radio stations play nothing but commercials anymore. Thanks

Old 03-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glider1993
2013 street glide.
Has anyone come up with a way to stream Pandora thru the stock radio using a wireless Bluetooth receiver.

I seen the ones on Amazon but hate to have to charge up. The ones with a cord, not sure on cord length so I could mount inside the fairing and route cord to input hole.

What are you using? Not wanting to change radios so that out.

All the radio stations play nothing but commercials anymore. Thanks
We have an internal Bluetooth mod.
Nothing external, nothing to wire.
Check out our web site or give us a call

Old 03-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Armstronges
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one from Amazon that plugs into the aux on my radio on my 12 limited. Works like a champ. Charges with the same connector that my galaxy s4 uses. Charges last quite a while.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:04 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As an alternative (and sorry if stepping on sponsor's toes), check out the Auris freeDa.

http://theauris.com/

With 30pin to 3.5mm adapter, plugs into 3.5 headphone jack on your Harmon Kardon head unit. Unit charges while plugged in. It was worth the $50.00 cost to me not to have to remember to charge after use. Automatically connects when powered on and in range.

There are a couple threads on here from recent weeks offering other units to consider.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the cleanest set up, go with the new Iron Cross BT mod..... They are a great company to work with. I had them put in a rear aux jack last year, the service and turn around time was impressive, I just wish the mod was available back then. I will be pulling mine out and sending it back to them for the BT.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Mike_M
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is for the iPhone 5, but Lifeproof now has cases for their android phones. I just provided this to a buddy I ride with:

Miccus mini-jack:
Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

Lifeproof case:
Amazon.com: LifeProof fre Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: LifeProof fre Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lifeproof handlebar mount:
Amazon.com: LifeProof Bike Mount for iPhone 5/5S - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: LifeProof Bike Mount for iPhone 5/5S - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

In order to charge your iPhone 5 while riding (if you desire to do that), you'll need a cigarette adapter that puts out at least 2.1W per outlet:

Amazon.com: PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Best thing about the whole setup is that the lifeproof case is waterproof (not just water resistant) down to about 6' depth, so no worries about riding in the rain if you have it mounted to your handlebars. if you use a little velcro, you can mount the miccus under your fairing and out of the weather and just run the mini-plug over to your stereo. Plugging it into the USB from your cigarette lighter plug will turn on and off with the bike and you don't have to mess with it after the first pairing with your phone.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:44 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
As an alternative (and sorry if stepping on sponsor's toes), check out the Auris freeDa. http://theauris.com/ With 30pin to 3.5mm adapter, plugs into 3.5 headphone jack on your Harmon Kardon head unit. Unit charges while plugged in. It was worth the $50.00 cost to me not to have to remember to charge after use. Automatically connects when powered on and in range. There are a couple threads on here from recent weeks offering other units to consider.
Didn't think this one charged while plugged in.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 03-04-2014, 01:52 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Didn't think this one charged while plugged in.

2010 Limited with some stuff
Looks like it also has a usb that would have to get power in order for it to charge.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
zslow6
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one from HTC i got at a local verizon store. Uses a micro usb to charge (like most non iphones now) and worked pretty well would last about 8hrs on a charge. Most the time i would turn it off if i stopped for more than a few minutes but sounded just as good as an auxiliary jack without having a wire.

Quick Reply: bluetooth on radio