Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impressive led light bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rcreechssr
I was impressed with this light bar as well. Did you ever determine what it is and where you can get one?

Nope. I posted a comment on the video as posted on youtube but the poster of the video never responded. Probably an led bar with a separate strobe controller. I did get one of those ebay knock off Harley style $500 led tour pak led light bars for $80.
The one I got is not usable as shipped. It will require refinishing the plastic frame as it has a lot of smudges and scratches. (you get what you pay for.) Tried using some novus plastic polish but to no avail. I'll take it to work and glass bead it to dull and roughen the surface to prep for some black trim or texture paint. Hopefully it will stick as getting paint to stick to plastic can be tricky. I'll keep looking for the led setup as posted.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:25 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I mounted this LED to my Ultra years ago. New surplus from an auto parts distributor for $10 … it was manufactured for a Lexus SUV, they had about 100 to sell at that time on EBay. Dimensions are perfect and it is very well made. I simply wired it to my brake circuit with an in-line flashing relay. I’ve had quite a few others ask me where I got it. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have bought them all and re-marketed them myself as a Harley tourpak LED.

Attached Thumbnails Impressive led light bar-2.jpg   Impressive led light bar-1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,745 Likes on 18,544 Posts

Originally Posted by J_ULTRA

Nope. I posted a comment on the video as posted on youtube but the poster of the video never responded. Probably an led bar with a separate strobe controller. I did get one of those ebay knock off Harley style $500 led tour pak led light bars for $80.
The one I got is not usable as shipped. It will require refinishing the plastic frame as it has a lot of smudges and scratches. (you get what you pay for.) Tried using some novus plastic polish but to no avail. I'll take it to work and glass bead it to dull and roughen the surface to prep for some black trim or texture paint. Hopefully it will stick as getting paint to stick to plastic can be tricky. I'll keep looking for the led setup as posted.
Did you "test fit" it first? I can't find the thread now, but last summer I remember reading about a forum member installing ( trying to ) one and was having difficulties.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:54 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Did you "test fit" it first? I can't find the thread now, but last summer I remember reading about a forum member installing ( trying to ) one and was having difficulties.

I used the dimensions listed on the auction. There were two different sizes. the one I got is what the vendor called the "long" model and is the same style as in the HD catalog. The "short" style he had for sale looked like what's on the 2014's and older CVO bikes. My bike is in storage but I think I'll go over to my son's house and see if it fits his. It better. I considered it a gamble as to weather it was worth even the $80. Wouldn't be the first time I bought something and it didn't workout. The seller has a 30 day return, plus shipping. There was no hardware kit like the HD item has, other than the corner supports.

Last edited by J_ULTRA; 03-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 PM
bgtim
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone would be able to see that.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Ckanderson
6th Gear

is there a motorcycle in the vid?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 AM
2BIT
Intermediate
Question Light Bar

Anyone ever find out anything about this? I think its awesome and I want one.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:18 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

A Buddy told me when He was a kid at the beach once, a woman like that walked out into the water, and a big wave crashed on Her and knocked Her top off. She flailed Her arms around them, trying to cover them, and He hollered at Her "Please don't drown those puppies! I'll take the one with the brown nose!"