Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3 installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Just for clarification, the "P" is not a PARK but the PURSUIT indicator for a police model. It is on all bikes. Find it funny that that would get activated by the install of a tuning device. Good luck to those with issues.

Neil
RDMC

Old 09-05-2014, 09:56 PM
gallor1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nofd843
Sounds like, for the most part, positive reviews. Has anyone used the Autotune feature yet? Mine is currently in the Autotune mode and I am getting the slow flashing red security light. The code, per the FP3 look up feature says I have lost communication with the ECM, so I am thinking this is just part of the Autotune function. Any ideas? Am I thinking in the right direction. And if it matters, it is a 2014 Street Glide Special.
Did this ever get resolved I'm havingg the same Issue and I am worried

Old 02-19-2015, 07:05 PM
wesshipman
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Did either of you get this issue resolved?

I have the same code right now and cant seem to figure it out

Old 02-19-2015, 08:33 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was hangin out with the service guys one morning at the dealership I go to for service and asked them what tuner they like to install and work with the most recently. The FP3 was their favorite.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:53 AM
RoadKingRiderJr
2nd Gear
Default Vibration

I just installed V&H power duals, hi output carbon slip ons, V02 air intake and the FP3. Since tuned with the canned map, I'm getting less heat and it runs good however at low mph I get a pretty good vibration until about 30+ mph and then smooth. When decelerating I'm getting some pops too. Anyone else have these issues? I'm considering the auto tune but giving the problems I'm a bit cautious at this point. thoughts?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:13 AM
nodakboot
Novice

Running Vance and Hines intake, pipes, and FP3 on both my 2012 Heritage
and 2014 Limited and love them. The dealer doesn't care for the setup, probably because I saved $1000.00 bike below what they would have charged for parts and a tune.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to acknowledge the P is for Pursuit Lights on a Police bike and has nothing to do with a Parking brake. Only bikes with that are trikes. I just ordered my FP3 from Eastern Performance today. I'll select a canned map for the closest V&H pipes to my Freedom Performance upsweeps on my 2014 DeLuxe and go with that. I'll try the autotune function later.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 PM
nmlazz
Novice

I've read every post here and have a cpl questions. I have a 2014 CVO RK with the FP3. I have decel popping with the VH map. It has twin round slip ons.

So, based on some of the troubles I've read I'm hesitant to do the autotune but think I should. Would you guys recommend remapping back to stock before autotune?
Also, I had it plugged in for a whole tank of fuel already but didn't realize I needed to turn autotune on... I'm not sure how to do it. And what happens if I stop and get off for a while? Do I just reopen the app and turn autotune back on?
Thanks!
Nick

Old 05-29-2015, 08:11 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Run Autotune off current map. It "fine tunes it" according to V&H.
The app and phone has no influence on autotune. It "turns on" the FP3 unit to autotune mode, display's info from FP3 regarding cells learned, and then tells the FP3 when to finalize the map. You don't even need to bring your phone when performing autotune.

I ran Autotune for approx. 250 miles in 3 seperate runs that were saved (used the phone to tell it to save an apply learned cells) after each run. Once the third run was done and I was happy, I told the FP3 to "finalized" the tune via my phone. This then saves the learned data to the ECM. It will also create a new third map in your available 6 slots on FP3 unit.

The bike will run bad when in autotune. If it does have an occaisional decel pop after finalizing tune (NOT a backfire) then it is not a major concern. Hell, it is actually considered normal for a properly tuned engine with reduced muffled baffling. Read this article to alleviate any misconceptions regarding decel pops. http://wildfirehd.blogspot.com/2011/...opping-on.html

Old 05-29-2015, 08:48 AM
nmlazz
Novice

Originally Posted by babygorilla
Run Autotune off current map. It "fine tunes it" according to V&H.
The app and phone has no influence on autotune. It "turns on" the FP3 unit to autotune mode, display's info from FP3 regarding cells learned, and then tells the FP3 when to finalize the map. You don't even need to bring your phone when performing autotune.

I ran Autotune for approx. 250 miles in 3 seperate runs that were saved (used the phone to tell it to save an apply learned cells) after each run. Once the third run was done and I was happy, I told the FP3 to "finalized" the tune via my phone. This then saves the learned data to the ECM. It will also create a new third map in your available 6 slots on FP3 unit.

The bike will run bad when in autotune. If it does have an occaisional decel pop after finalizing tune (NOT a backfire) then it is not a major concern. Hell, it is actually considered normal for a properly tuned engine with reduced muffled baffling. Read this article to alleviate any misconceptions regarding decel pops. http://wildfirehd.blogspot.com/2011/...opping-on.html
Thank you! That helps a lot as I was worried it might be a problem long term. I'll give it a try.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3 installed!