Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Street Cannons with True Duals??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 AM
shoboat90
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone running Street Cannons with True Duals??

Already have the Street Cannons on my 14 SG and now just trying to determine what head pipes to go with. I'd love some feedback from owners that have the cannons with true duals? Too loud? Other pros/cons....thanks in advance.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
shoboat90
Cruiser

No one?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I have the Supertrapp SEs which are the same mufflers. Not too loud at all and sound great. I am selling the head-pipes right now in the classifeds...I want to go to a set that crosses over under the frame...

Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
rwb1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set on my 13' RG with S&S powertune duals...sounds great. Low throaty rumble at idle...louder under a load but not bad.

ANY pipe is better than stock...was going to go with the Fuel Moto...2-1-2, V&H true duals... ended up with S&S...happy with my choice.

The hidden crossover on that pipe isnt that big....so, compared to my other bike with true duals ....sound is about the same, with better performance.

Last edited by rwb1; 03-24-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 PM
shoboat90
Cruiser

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I have the Supertrapp SEs which are the same mufflers. Not too loud at all and sound great. I am selling the head-pipes right now in the classifeds...I want to go to a set that crosses over under the frame...
I noticed your MGS headers in the classifieds. Why you switching?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by shoboat90
I noticed your MGS headers in the classifieds. Why you switching?
I have a young daughter that likes to ride around the neighborhood...That left pipe is too close to her foot to fit her attention span...

Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A couple of users answered my same question and they said the street cannons sound good with the stock cat headpipe but with either a decatted or aftermarket headpipe, they sound bad; raspy. Just what I have seen on various posts; I actually cancelled my order of the street cannons as I have a power port headpipe with stock slip ons and they sound good.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 68beep
A couple of users answered my same question and they said the street cannons sound good with the stock cat headpipe but with either a decatted or aftermarket headpipe, they sound bad; raspy. Just what I have seen on various posts; I actually cancelled my order of the street cannons as I have a power port headpipe with stock slip ons and they sound good.
Not sure where they got that...The SE street cannons are rebranded Supertrapps. I have them on my bike with aftermarket headers. They sound great. Deep and not real loud. Not even close to raspy...

Old 03-25-2014, 01:45 PM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"I loved my street cannons with the stock headpipe with cat, replaced the headpipe with a Power duals headpipe and I thought the street cannons sounded like crap. Much louder and lost that pleasant low rumble. I found them annoying and put them up for sale the next day. My local dealer service mgr told me he's had about 4 or 5 others remove them after changing head pipes or decatting the pipe."

From a previous thread.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Book-it
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shoboat90
Already have the Street Cannons on my 14 SG and now just trying to determine what head pipes to go with. I'd love some feedback from owners that have the cannons with true duals? Too loud? Other pros/cons....thanks in advance.
This is what I've got on my 13 ultra right now VHDD with street cannons, Pv and scream'in eagle a/c

everybody that rides with me says they sound great not to loud at all , nice low rumble but u crank it and they can b loud and under a load
they sound louder to the rider then those that are riding with u
I really like them

Quick Reply: Anyone running Street Cannons with True Duals??