Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homemade (Corvette) air-ride gauge/pressure question

Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Homemade (Corvette) air-ride gauge/pressure question

To anyone running the homemade/custom air-ride system...

I'm using the Gabriel shocks & Viair compressor with a Viair 1.5" (160-PSI) air gauge. My 2nd gauge just went crazy. This is the second gauge that started reading 30-40lbs higher than what pressure actually is. Has anyone else seen similar issues with these gauges?

Also...

Have you seen any ride quality differences dependent on WHEN you inflate the suspension? Not sure why, but there seems to be a big difference in ride quality between when I air-up sitting on the bike vs. airing-up before I get on the bike.

It seems that the ride is much better if I inflate to 80-90PSI prior to getting on the bike... When I air-up the system while sitting on the bike it seems like the shocks feel like they are bottoming-out over sharp bumps.

It doesn't seem like there should be any difference in whether there is a load or not...but I can tell a definite difference.

Thoughts?