Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:49 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
On Surfside. Check out Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside. You close to all the great bars in Murrells Inlet too.
Ever sit on the deck at Neil and Pam's?

Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 AM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHFred
I wouldn't stay in myrtle beach. Check out Surfside Beach Resort, in surfside Beach, SC. It's just below myrtle beach and the law officers are not crazy like MB.
I've been down to MBBW many times. Surfside is definitely the better place to stay. You will also get more for your $$$. The more north you go the worse it gets in my opinion.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
Ever sit on the deck at Neil and Pam's?
Road by it a hundred times.....always wanted to stop....and have not done it yet. Will make a point to do it next month!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

As has been mentioned, try VRBO.com. I'm sitting in a house in Ormond Beach right now rented via that site. Same price or lower than a condo. Plus we have a garage for the bikes, our own washer/dryer and a nice fenced in back yard for the dog. Much more private than a condo.
Also, you can buy insurance to cover you if something came up that makes you unable to make the trip or if you find that the place is grossly not as advertised or was somehow unavailable (like a foreclosure, for example) when you get there.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 AM
harfooz
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Murrells Inlet a couple of times. It's a good place to stay. Their breakfast is good, and you're within walking distance of the all the stuff going on in Murrells Inlet.

'fooz

Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Mingo 13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at the kingfisher Inn in Garden City. Right beside the pier in Garden City and on the beach.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHFred
I wouldn't stay in myrtle beach. Check out Surfside Beach Resort, in surfside Beach, SC. It's just below myrtle beach and the law officers are not crazy like MB.
While I agree he should stay south since most of the "biker friendly bars are in Murrells Inlet , I don not agree with the LEO statement. Surfside Leos are worse. I have been stopped a few times in Myrtle never received a ticket. One was blowing a four way stop.

Myrtle beach LEOs were on the case during the whole Helmet requirement and noise abatements to keep the bikers out during bike Week. That gave them a bad rep. But I watch everything riding though Surfside where the LEOS stay parked in the center turn lance with their lights off.,

The Food is also better with far more choices in Murrells Inlet and no "tourist tax" on dining.

A ride up to the tourist traps( ie Attractions) is fast and easy on Bypass 17 or King's Highway..Even Ocean Blvd (ie Tourist Row) which is along the beach is a nice ride once.

There are four Harley Boutiques. The one at broadway at the Beach and Tanger Outlet are true Boutiques Only clothes and trinkets. The others sell bikes as well and both are on 17. One in North Myrtle Beach.

The best Harley Boutique is Beach house Harley about 30 miles north on 17. Very big and highly recommended, pool tables and stuff while you wait. Lots of locals have their work done there.

South is the way to stay and play ( Besides the Indian dealer is close by Murrells Inlet)

Last edited by TenMidgets; 04-09-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:22 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There are great places to stay all along the Myrtle Beach area. I realize that the LEOs pissed a lot of people off several years ago but soooooo many of the businesses, hotels, restaurants, etc actually like us and want us. They need and appreciate our business. My wife and I stay at the Holiday Sands South on Ocean Blvd and enjoy it. It's not an overpriced fancy luxury resort. It gives us just what we want.

Since you won't be there during the rally weeks many of the hot rally locations will be much less crowded and some will be barely existent. One or two won't exist at all that are only open during the rallys.

The Myrtle Beach area is still a great place to visit on a motorcycle. If you don't give the LEOs a reason to bother you, they won't. I've been going for years and have never had even one LEO to do as much as point a finger at me.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Is it true that the in city helmet law and other biker unfriendly rules were the result of one mayor, who is now gone?
What are current helmet laws? Does MB have their own or does SC law supersede?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Jeepman1991
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crawlerman
I like the captions quarters they have nice rooms & a parking garage & a lot to at the motel
Ha we have stayed there like 2 or 3 times! Its not bad!

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach