Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:07 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

It was the town council & mayor. Long story too. But veteran MB Rally bikers have not forgotten. The Rally is making a comeback....but the one's who haven't forgotten...they stay in North Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove & Little River areas to the North of MB & Surfside Beach/Garden City & Murrells Inlet to the South of MB. There are no helmet laws in Myrtle now. By the way....I never even had a finger pointed at me by a LEO. I thought they were terrific last year. The only people I saw pulled over were cages. Ok...full disclosure...I did have issues with the LEO's (well deserved & alcohol related too) back in late 70's & early 80's when I was in high school & then college.

Last edited by BigDawgQC; 04-09-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I like staying up in Sunset Beach NC. A short ride away from MB but prettier beaches. See ya there.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

North or south of MB! The only thing I'll ever leave in MB is tire tracks & exhaust fumes! Went to Bike Week there once & was treated well. Went back on the way through several times & was always treated like scum. Trailering or riding, didn't make a difference. The locals didn't want anything to do with motorcycles! Denied campground space in a motor home while towing a bike, talked down to while shopping with my wife. Warned about "the OTHER" (Black) Bike Week by racist shop owners, etc., etc. We never had any problem with LEO's, but the locals proved that they hate bikers & minorities equally. I know where I'm not wanted & won't take myself, my wife, my bike, or my money there again!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the area but don't trust the cops. My experience is they are anti-biker but the last I was there was in 2008.
My favorite areas are Murrells Inlet and N. Myrtle Beach.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:36 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the input. Haven't made a specific decision yet except that I'll probably choose a place either north or south of the main Myrtle Beach "Strip". The suggestion about the condo was a good one that I hadn't thought of. However most of the affordable listings I checked out were booked solid for the whole month of June. Using Google Earth's "Street View" gives you a great picture of where everything is and a chance to see what the actual hotel/motel looks like, from the outside at least.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:15 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Also, go to Craigslist. Myrtle Beach Vacation rentals. You can deal directly with the owner & not third party. I've had friends get great last minute deals when the owner just wanted to get it rented.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from mb, stayed at mariott grand dunes. The have a nice lighted covered parking garage, and there were bikes parked right by the front door. Nice resort, would stay again. Booked with Orbitz!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:55 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I go to MB Bike Week every year and stay at the Lakewood Family Campground and Resort on Hwy 17. Top notch place right on the beach and close to everything but I don't think they allow bikes there other than during the Spring and Fall Bike Weeks. They have a website and can clarify this if anyone's interested in staying there.

I'd never stay in MB for the reasons stated earlier. Murrells Inlet is where I always have the most fun and the Police don't seem to give a damn what you do. I was in heavy crawling traffic in front of the Suck, Bang and Blow in Murrells and the street was lined with SC Highway Patrolman and guys were revving the crap out of there bikes and doing small burn outs and they never said sqaut.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:24 AM
pat401
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We started going to MB 3 years ago. Last 2 years we stayed right on Ocean Blvd. This year we are staying a little further south, at the Marriott Vacation Club, just north of Murrell's Inlet.
Compared to New England, anywhere you stay in MB is a bargain. We haven't experienced (or even seen) any issues with MB or MI LEO, and every shopkeeper we've dealt with seemed happy that we were there and was more than happy to take our money!
Looking forward to heading down in 2 weeks!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In june, I would stay at Ocean Drive. call ocean drive golf and beach resort for rates and walk to breakfast, lunch and supper. Local entertainment on the street at Ducks, dancing and good times at Fat Harold,s and two clubs down stairs OD. you can park out front or across the street in the parking lot. You can get to everything you need by just a 5 minute walk. When you hop on the bike Harley Davidson is just down the street for service and parts and Brick fired pizza at Benitio's. Myrtle Beach and points south are gonna be packed till south of Murrels Inlet. Ocean Drive is a good launching area to get to anything from and the crowd is never as bad as Myrtle Beach and below.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach