Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach

The Lady of the house and I are riding down to Myrtle Beach the last week in June. Any suggestions on where to stay. Ocean Front or otherwise. There are so many places listed with prices all over the place It's hard to make the right decision, considering it's the first time we're going. It took me a couple of months to talk her into going on the bike. I want this to go right or I'll never hear the end of it. About 700mi each way. Last time when we went up to Niagara Falls for a weekend and I showed her the limited amount of stuff that we could pack on the bike (Heritage Springer) she said "Let's take the truck". This time with the tour pak and luggage rack we have a bit more room to work with. Suggestions?

Last edited by J_ULTRA; 04-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:57 PM
crawlerman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the captions quarters they have nice rooms & a parking garage & a lot to at the motel

Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM
FLHFred
6th Gear
Default Place to stay.

I wouldn't stay in myrtle beach. Check out Surfside Beach Resort, in surfside Beach, SC. It's just below myrtle beach and the law officers are not crazy like MB.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 302 Likes on 206 Posts

The 2 times I went for bike week we stayed in the Surfside/Garden City area and spent most our fun time in Murrells Inlet.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:06 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHFred
I wouldn't stay in myrtle beach. Check out Surfside Beach Resort, in surfside Beach, SC. It's just below myrtle beach and the law officers are not crazy like MB.
On Surfside. Check out Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside. You close to all the great bars in Murrells Inlet too.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Being you are going in June and not during bike week, you are pretty wide open where to stay and all those bars the guys talk about for bike week aren't near as busy and loaded with bikes. I went down last year for bike week and then back there again in early June, it was a total difference. Most of the oceanfront hotels are pretty much the same, I've been going there 9 years now. I'd just search Hotel.com or a similar site and pick what suits your fancy.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHFred
What he said. Either that or North Myrtle Beach. Lots of stuff up there. Garden City is nice. Close to Murrells Inlet.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

While S. Myrtle is great place to lodge don't miss Capt. Poo's & Drawbridge hangouts in N. Myrtle Little River area.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Tommygun61
Novice

A large group of us are going down for bike week next month. As in years past we are renting a house in N Myrtle beach. We always get a house on the ocean block, basically one block from the beach. Main st in N Myrtle is cool, good food, close to all hi ways. Be careful if your looking at a condo as many DO NOT allow motorcycles on the property. Ride safe, have fun.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I go down twice each year for the rallies. We always stay in Surf Side or Garden City. We are lower low class and always looking for deals. Found several privately owned places at www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner). The place we have stayed the last five or six trips is a two BR condo, fully furnished and linens, covered parking, internet, washer and dryer. We are paying $560 (including 12% tax) for the week plus $70 cleaning. In is on the beach road, across the street from the water. Nothing fancy, but extremely adequate and cozy. We ride all day and hang out at night, don't need anything extravagant.

http://www.vrbo.com/177402?cid=E_vrb...pid_Text_LPROP

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach