Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by PetervE
Thank you for the offer but my wife is Colombian
Holy Crap. Are you married to Sofia Vegara.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope they make it right for you.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Holy Crap. Are you married to Sofia Vegara.
OHHH Sofia..............SMOKIN'!!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by PetervE
I have call setup with the sales manager tomorrow (Thursday 4/17) to discuss this unfortunate predicament... I'll keep you posted and just keep riding my Pearl
So what happened?

Old 04-19-2014, 07:00 AM
PetervE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Markymannn
So what happened?
I did send an impressive and polite email and called the sales manager on Thursday. He understood the dilemma, said that the floorboard switch/swap happened before the deal was made but also acknowledged that it was not reflected in the online advertisement on their website, the pictures and specifications I received. He admitted that it was never communicated to me.

He will notify me with a resolution today (Saturday 4/19) because he didn't have one yet at the time we talked. I'm curious what he will come up with.

I'm trying to find some comparison between the Street Glide floorboard and passenger pegs setup with the stock RKC ones but it's hard to find... I guess if the dealer provides me with a matching passenger floorboard we should be OK or replace everything back to stock which now I actually prefer. Floorboard modifications or changes were never on my mind to begin with or even on my priority list of mods.

Thanks for the support and interest and I'll keep everyone posted.

Will be continued...

Ride safe.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,126 Likes on 344 Posts

I wouldn't make too big of a deal outta this at all....BUT...I would stand my ground and have the dealer give you the matching passenger floorboards and mounts. As someone mentioned, keep the pegs and mount them up on your engine guard. The Streetglide boards (Streamliner??) are much cleaner looking and if you ever decide you want the original style, I'm sure that anyone at a local bike night would be happy to step up and swap with you on a moments notice. I like the Streamliner collection and would add the shifter pegs and rear brake pad to complete the look. Maybe grips too....little details like this really stand out from a completely stock look.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:44 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

It's really a matter of personal preference on the "upgrade".

However, the bigger issue is they changed the bike without asking you after you purchased. That's not right.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

You already said that your wife doesn't like the pegs, so if they wont give you the matching floor boards at the very least they should give you a set at dealer cost. I think your bike would look fantastic with the chrome passenger floor boards. I have them on my street glide, and with them in the folded position I never hit them when moving the bike around.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:12 AM
PetervE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest update to this thread

I received an update from the sales manager at dealer... Here's his reply:

Peter, I did not forget about you! It’s been a pretty busy end of the week. As for the Floor boards, we are in the process of getting you a set of stock replacements. Front and rear matching stock boards. Soon as I have them in my hands I will get them shipped out to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience along the way.

I replied with the following:

Thank you for the reply... Don't know exactly what to say but it will solve the issue per our business deal and my original expectations. I hope with the front and rear matching stock boards you'll not forget about the brake pad which also was replaced with this whole "street glide setup. Wouldn't it be better to order a matching passenger floorboard set to have only one exchange on the bike? For example part number 50378-07B (streamliner passenger footboard and mount). What about the install? Will you cover the labor at my local H-D service shop in case I have to replace the entire current setup with the front and rear matching stock boards once I receive them? Currently, I don't have the appropriate tooling yet to start wrenching on my bike... didn't expect I had to this early.

I look forward to hearing your reply and thanks again for following up.

What it's your opinion? I guess in the end it all will work out

Old 04-19-2014, 11:02 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I have the Streamliners all around on my 07 SG. They came already on the bike when I bought it used. Not really a huge fan of them because they have zero traction and my foot slips off the brake pedal at times.

I guess it's only an upgrade if you like the upgrade otherwise it's a downgrade. Some of the CVO paint scemes are hideous and I wouldn't consider them an upgrade on any of my bikes.

Glad everything worked out so you didn't have to sick the wife on them

Quick Reply: Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?