Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Küryakyn Fuel Door GPS/Accessory Mount #1691

Old 04-16-2014, 05:36 AM
lowbed
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't like the gas door to begin with, wish it opened forward. I have been hoping to see one of those mounts on a bike before I buy one. As far as it being to low and out of the sight line I guess the Road King guys should duck tape their they're speedo, same location. I like the looks of it because it's not in your face and the Mrs. can't see it

Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

This is mine that uses the center windshield screw to secure it, and it puts the gps right in your sight of view. I would hate to have to try to look down to view my nav.

heres a link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...5f2b19&vxp=mtr

Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
This is mine that uses the center windshield screw to secure it, and it puts the gps right in your sight of view. I would hate to have to try to look down to view my nav.

With your 120R I'm surprised you can afford to blink, let alone.....

Old 04-18-2014, 10:50 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbed
I don't like the gas door to begin with, wish it opened forward. I have been hoping to see one of those mounts on a bike before I buy one. As far as it being to low and out of the sight line I guess the Road King guys should duck tape their they're speedo, same location. I like the looks of it because it's not in your face and the Mrs. can't see it
Yeah, I agree with you that it doesn't seem too low for my use, especially since there typically is a GPS mount that adds a little length and height. I'm surprised that no one here has one to be able to post some pictures, especially with a lot of people here using GPS. I'm pretty sure I don't want one mounted as high as the windshield, in part to not being a tall person and don't want the feeling that I'm having to 'look over' it.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I would not want a GPD that is mounted that low.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbed
The door opens the way it does by law. Seriously. In the event of a front end collision, if the fuel door sprung open, as you slide forward, the open door won't cause damage to your private parts. If it opens the other way, goodbye privates.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
I emailed Küryakyn regarding their Fuel Door GPS/Accessory Mount #169 and got a reply back. Yes, the thumb-screw and mount can be removed.

I'd assure appreciate if someone could post a couple of pictures of it installed on their bike (or a link to somewhere posted on the Internet) with the thumb-screw and mount removed so I can see what's left. With the Bat-Wing, I'm thinking that the fuel door mount be the best and easiest to do.

Thank you.
I just installed my fuel door gps holder and I just use my iPhone 6 otter defender case's belt clip holder and it works great! I leave always have my phone with me and when I'm riding, I use my phone for gps and monitor my bike stats with my v&h fuel pack fp3. Works great and you can still see your radio just fine