Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG They Spread that Crap Again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I just ride mine (as long as it's dry). I'm too old and have too little riding time left to worry about salt. Ride and wash it - it'll be OK.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
I hate salt as much as the next guy but I would bet the farm that you would sue the pants off the state, county or city that did not make the roads safe causing the loss of one of your loved one's.
Funny thing here was the roads such as my neighborhood which is 20 MPH got a heavy dose of salt and the highways and roads 40 and up got nothing.

Makes no sense to me.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:46 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013_FLHTK
Funny thing here was the roads such as my neighborhood which is 20 MPH got a heavy dose of salt and the highways and roads 40 and up got nothing.

Makes no sense to me.
Just the opposite here, they did nothing to the local Town roads & salted the crap out of the State owned roads! " Black Betty" will be sleeping until a couple of drenching rains come through. I'm happy I got all day on her last Saturday!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM
FlyByWire
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They put what on the huh?

Old 04-16-2014, 06:52 PM
racngrn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta agree that it plain sucks to see the salt trucks out when we get 2 inches of wet snow, all of which disappeared by noon. The stuff is poison to anything called metal and cannot be washed out of every nook and crannie. I've lived up here in Maine for about 30 years and NH before that. There's this little thing called common sense. Appears to be in short supply, though one would think that by April, driving in any amount of snow would be no issue at all. Most communities did not salt. No money, no need. Somehow, the MaineDOT must be flush with (our) cash and dumps loads of rock salt to get rid of snow they were plowing off the road with the front of the truck. Salt is used to assist melting in low temps - typical winter conditions where you cannot rely on mother nature to warm the surface of the road. Not the case today. Bad decision that affects many folks just looking for any chance to get on with spring and leave the long , cold winter behind. Ya, I'm pissed. It wasn't necessary and costs us all money we don't have to waste. Take a look under any car from New England and see if you think an extra week of salt makes sense. Painful.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here in Western MA. 2" of snow and they dumped heavy salt. Had it been 2 inches in the middle of Winter, they would of done nothing. All about budgets, overtime and the all mighty dollar.

Last edited by ThisIsMe; 04-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 PM
jbutch83
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The problem with salt is it gets everywhere and is very hard to get rid of. And where I live they will spread a salt sand mix which makes the roads really slippery at times as well. Nice try as well with trying to blame the state or whoever due to am accident because they didn't have every inch of roadway pristine for someone to drive on.

I feel ya, we got the same crap here, salted most places for an inch of snow that was gone by 9am.....

Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Star brite Salt Off
I use it on the boat, it'll get rid of salt on your bike too

Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porschedog
Star brite Salt Off
I use it on the boat, it'll get rid of salt on your bike too
I prefer not to get any on in the first place! lol Thank you!

Last edited by risuperglidecustomman; 04-16-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Very strange that the DOT cares more about Public Safety than your salt free rides. What are they thinking? Idiots!

Quick Reply: OMG They Spread that Crap Again!