Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$15k and 15 miles...Doesnt make one a biker

Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Scotsmn30
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
Well said

There used to be a day when being labeled a biker wasnt exactly a positive thing in society and conjured up pictures of a 1%er. Over time the community has expanded and changed to include people from all walks of life. Not all of us are lucky enough to be able to spend our days on the open road riding from place to place. We work to pay mortgages and bills, support our families, etc, but when our free time comes we are off on 2 wheels.

Does this make us less of a biker? Who knows. All I know is that with my scoot I am part of a community where I have met some of the best people I know, even if its not 7 days a week. Call me a poser or not a read biker if you like, but I will still enjoy every minute of the ride and everyone I meet along the way.

Well Put Sir

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a minimum post count to be a biker?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 AM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

$21K and a street glide might not make me a biker but it makes me a motorcycle enthusiast, what someone else labels me is ok, long as I get to ride, meet folks and make it what I can.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:38 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't consider myself a "biker". I just love to ride and tinker.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 AM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Label me what you want! I work hard to support my family and I'm not super mechanically inclined, so I get most of my work done at the dealership. I don't get to put 25,000 miles a year on my bike, but I do get out and ride as much as I can. If that makes me something less than a "biker," who the heck cares. That's your problem, not mine!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:54 AM
DHR Darren
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am far from a biker but I have been on two engine powered wheels since three years old. I assembled my first HD at 14 and was riding it at 15. I will turn 39 in the next two months and still don't consider myself a biker. I just like motorcycles.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:56 AM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
$25k does make you a biker...at least buys you entrance into the biker community. from there you go onto being a club member, a lone wolf, a bar hopping fool, an iron butt guy, a poser in a pirate outfit, a decent mechanic, a dealer groupie, or anything else you might want to do and/or become. deciding that you want a motorcycle(for what ever reason) and scraping up the $25k makes you a biker--where you take it from there is what being a biker is all about. everyone has a different definition of a biker, and you become the type of biker you want to be.
well said...

Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I always assumed a "biker" was someone who rode a motorcycle.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

My question would be who really gives a chit???
I could care less if someone thinks I'm a biker or not. I work on my own stuff, ride the way I wanna ride, and help other riders in need. That's good enough for me.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
$25k does make you a biker...at least buys you entrance into the biker community. from there you go onto being a club member, a lone wolf, a bar hopping fool, an iron butt guy, a poser in a pirate outfit, a decent mechanic, a dealer groupie, or anything else you might want to do and/or become. deciding that you want a motorcycle(for what ever reason) and scraping up the $25k makes you a biker--where you take it from there is what being a biker is all about. everyone has a different definition of a biker, and you become the type of biker you want to be.
Well said !!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $15k and 15 miles...Doesnt make one a biker