Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Street Glide to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:21 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

The SGS is worth the money. With the ABS, security, rear suspension alone its worth it

Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Go with the special. You get more of what you love about the street glide

Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

My understanding is that SGS also has the better SVO adjustable rear shock.

But I could be wrong.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 AM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies and opinions. I don't owe anything on my current bike so, there is good equity in it and buying the SGS wouldn't be a stretch. I was just curious if the upgrade to a SGS over a SG was worth the money. I would like the GPS system because I run a Garmin GPS on my current bike and it would just make the dash look neater. I use a GPS for many reasons but the main one is that when I am on an unfamiliar road I can see where the up coming twists and turns are. Of course it's invaluable for finding your way, after all we are men and although we will never admit it, we do get lost! lol

Last edited by bpd138; 04-18-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been toying with the idea of going back to a bagger. I am going to wait and see what the '15's offer, if no changes maybe a left over '14? I would go with the SC, for me less is more. I would like to see a really standard SC offered, no sound system, etc. And I like the looks of the SC better because it has no pinstripes - just my preference.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 AM
king124
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpd138
Thanks for the replies and opinions. I don't owe anything on my current bike so, there is good equity in it and buying the SGS wouldn't be a stretch. I was just curious if the upgrade to a SGS over a SG was worth the money. I would like the GPS system because I run a Garmin GPS on my current bike and it would just make the dash look neater. I use a GPS for many reasons but the main one is that when I am on an unfamiliar road I can see where the up coming twists and turns are. Of course it's invaluable for finding your way, after all w are men and although we will never admit it, do get lost! lol
when i bought my 14 sgs last september it was about a thousand dollar or so difference between the two. i went with the sgs because i liked the mysterious red color not available in sg model but i felt like it was also a plus because of the upgraded rear shocks larger infotainment center with touch screen and gps. also liked the inner fairing painted gloss black. so really its just a matter of choice if you need or want the extras.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

You probably need to test ride an SGS to see how the GPS compares to you Garmin. Make Harleys GPS does the things you like with the Garmin.

Beary

Old 04-18-2014, 12:42 PM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I too was really on the fence before deciding on the Special. Thought the only feature I cared for was the security. All the other stuff seemed too fussy, and no reason to be on a bike. In fact a few things I just didn't like. Would have preferred without the stripes, abs had no place on a bike, and figured I would be putting progressive shocks on no matter which model I got. I was wrong.

I love all the extra features of the SGS. Shocks are fine, brakes are great. GPS is used all the time, and would have been disappointed having a bolt on part. The big display is easier to read at a quick glance, than the 4.3. Was worried glossy inner fairing would have extra glare, not at all.

If I knew how pleased I would be with all the extras, I would have saved myself hours of worry. I would not hesitate at all to go Special.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I just bought my '13 last April and if I'd have known how extensive the changes were on the Rushmore bikes, I might have waited. The '14's have features I'd like to have but they're not compelling enough for me to trade mine right now.

That said, if I was buying a SG right now, I'd get the Special no questions asked. Like having insurance or carrying a gun - I'd rather have the features and not need 'em than need 'em and not have 'em...

Old 04-18-2014, 02:34 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I've got so many mods done on my 07 that I'd lose my naked *** on a trade in so I'll just run it till it quits.

Quick Reply: Which Street Glide to buy?