Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM
harleyjth
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay mufflers

Has anyone tried these mufflers from American Classic Motors on ebay? Wondering how they sound. They look good in the pictures and might be a good lower priced alternative muffler. I'm looking for a muffler with just a little more sound than the stockers on my 14 Ultra.
jt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141248197319...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't ever buy anything from ACM, once is enough. They sent me the wrong A/C, I got a return authorization number to return it. They got the part back and told me they wouldn't give me a refund until I posted positive feedback on E-bay. I had to file a claim through paypal before I got refunded.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
ncracer86
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have not tried them. I have tried cheaper mufflers on my previous bike, and realized you get what you pay for. But these might be different, ya never know.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,341 Likes on 3,277 Posts

They are probably a bit louder than what you want... I have a set on my 07 now and i am swapping them out for a set of screaming eagle touring myfflers...I will have them for sale when i get my bike back from the dealer in about 2 weeks...They are a bit too loud for my decrepit ears...I will have a sound bite when i get the bike back. They sound good but just a bit too loud for me.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 PM
harleyjth
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
They are probably a bit louder than what you want... I have a set on my 07 now and i am swapping them out for a set of screaming eagle touring myfflers...I will have them for sale when i get my bike back from the dealer in about 2 weeks...They are a bit too loud for my decrepit ears...I will have a sound bite when i get the bike back. They sound good but just a bit too loud for me.
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I was thinking they might be louder than what I wanted. I may get a set of the 4" street cannons or the 3.5" SE mufflers. A friend has the 3.5" and they sound very good. On the other hand, the stock mufflers really don't sound that bad, I may just leave them.
jt

Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
I won't ever buy anything from ACM, once is enough. They sent me the wrong A/C, I got a return authorization number to return it. They got the part back and told me they wouldn't give me a refund until I posted positive feedback on E-bay. I had to file a claim through paypal before I got refunded.

i won't even give them once. i know too many folks who have been burned by this co. before ebay changed their feedback policy, it was a hoot to go through toohaus and just read the feedback they left for people. terrorist, mental midget, etc....

Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

American Classic Motors sells nothing but junk. The best you can ever hope to get from them is a factory second. And that's ONLY if they have some brand name part. Otherwise, you will get some garbage knockoff. Blemished or outright peeling chrome, miss-fitting parts, or the wrong part. Search them on this forum. Countless horror stories. I gave them endless chances. They screwed me way to many times.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Just spend the money in a brand name set of mufflers

Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 PM
tcatman02
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

but...."massive performance gains"......LOL

Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyjth
I may get a set of the 4" street cannons or the 3.5" SE mufflers. A friend has the 3.5" and they sound very good. On the other hand, the stock mufflers really don't sound that bad, I may just leave them.
jt
You may also want to think about either removing the catalytic converter or buying a new head pipe. I went with the Jackpot 2/1/2 ceramic coated and kept the stock mufflers. Sounds great and removes some of the heat.

Quick Reply: ebay mufflers