Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Mastertune

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=09 yellowbird;12618015]
Originally Posted by murderface

you have done your home work!

Most folks don't even bring up or even know about the "reading per seconds" that the tts does vs other tuner brands.

Bonus, the maps that are sent out are pretty much 95-99.9% on the money! Sure you get a real good turner to tweak out the other 5% out to the motor but most folks that just to the map thing are totally stoked and keep it simple.

Yb
When it comes to my bike and my money, I ask A LOT of questions haha

Old 04-24-2014, 06:13 AM
x1rider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had good results on my StreetGlide with TTS MasterTune. I had it professionally dyno tuned since the engine is now 124". One thing I love about TTS is the ability to read and erase DTC's.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
Yep, I've got it along with a dyno tune. I don't know that it does any "amazing" things that the SE tuner or the PowerVision don't do, but it is a complete tuning device that flashes your ECM keeping all the desirable stock systems in place (O2 sensors, knock sensing, etc.) And I believe TTS designed the first SE tuner (SERT I think...)

It has VTune which is their DIY tuning software. Only downside to it is you have to carry a laptop in a backpack with you to record the engine data while you tune. Moot point if you get a dyno tune...

Good software/tuning device for a reasonable price.

Nothing to add on the Fullsac pipe.
laptop piece of this is incorrect. One of the many pieces of software that come with the device is called "Flight Recorder" where as you plug the device into you computer, set it in FR mode, then plug it into the bike and go ride gathering data in different throttle positions and rpms. Then you take that data combine it with the previous tune file to make a new map and flash to bike. rinse and repeat process until your VEs are changing less than 5%.

IMO this is the best tuner available on the market. Is it the easiest to use, no sir but it's pretty darn close. Lots of people in the TTS section to help you along the way if you are a DIYer.

As for the headpipe, I'm not a V&H fan but will say what's the point of changing the headpipe unless you're having issues with it. The V&H, just like the FullSac are both free-flowing headpipes.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Murderface
Thanks for the info everyone.

TTS did make SERT and work for Harley for a few years. I was told the biggest bonus for using the TTS is the amount of readings per second. Most tuners read 6-10. TTS supposedly reads about 60. More data readings means better calibration and a better running system.

I asked the dealer about PV, mostly because of its popularity, and he still recommended the TTS over anything else.
CANBUS is even FASTER!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
IF you TRUST the guy to tune your bike, use whichever of those HE prefers.
Best piece of advice you've gotten so far. If you're not going to do the tuning, go with what your trusted tuner recommends.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

As for the headpipe, I'm not a V&H fan but will say what's the point of changing the headpipe unless you're having issues with it. The V&H, just like the FullSac are both free-flowing headpipes.
As usual Ultra, always there with lots of info and input. Thanks. The only reason Im thinking about ditching the V&H for the Fullsac is the O2 bungs. Ive heard the V&H doesnt get the sensor in the flow properly, so youre not getting very accurate readings. Still dont know how true that is. Doing research as usual

Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

laptop piece of this is incorrect. One of the many pieces of software that come with the device is called "Flight Recorder" where as you plug the device into you computer, set it in FR mode, then plug it into the bike and go ride gathering data in different throttle positions and rpms. Then you take that data combine it with the previous tune file to make a new map and flash to bike. rinse and repeat process until your VEs are changing less than 5%.
Shows how long it's been since I've done a VTune... Do you know if this is just a Mastertune 2 feature or will the original Mastertune box do this? How much memory does it have for data collection?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
Shows how long it's been since I've done a VTune... Do you know if this is just a Mastertune 2 feature or will the original Mastertune box do this? How much memory does it have for data collection?
black or blue box?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Murderface
As usual Ultra, always there with lots of info and input. Thanks. The only reason Im thinking about ditching the V&H for the Fullsac is the O2 bungs. Ive heard the V&H doesnt get the sensor in the flow properly, so youre not getting very accurate readings. Still dont know how true that is. Doing research as usual
my suggestion would be pick up the TTS first, get it married to the bike (even if you're not going to tune yourself), plug it in and do a run to capture generic o2 data for about 20 minutes after it's warmed up to operating temps. That chart will show clear as day whether or not your o2 sensors are reading correctly. Then if needed you can go through the expense of the head pipe swap or have those bungs removed and proper bungs welded in.

I know V&H had some issues in the past with head pipes and poor o2 sensor placement and depth but to my knowledge and reading, that has been corrected.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

black or blue box?
Black.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune