Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Mastertune

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TTS Mastertune

Hoping the smart people of this forum can help me make some choices. Anyone have experience with TTS Mastertune? My local dealer recommends it above everything else. They tell a great story with some really cool sounding numbers and stats. Makes it sound AMAZING. Just not sold by the stealer, yet.

In addition, they recommend throwing on a Fullsac x-pipe. Again, not sure if they're speaking the truth or just makin money.

Help me out here.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, I've got it along with a dyno tune. I don't know that it does any "amazing" things that the SE tuner or the PowerVision don't do, but it is a complete tuning device that flashes your ECM keeping all the desirable stock systems in place (O2 sensors, knock sensing, etc.) And I believe TTS designed the first SE tuner (SERT I think...)

It has VTune which is their DIY tuning software. Only downside to it is you have to carry a laptop in a backpack with you to record the engine data while you tune. Moot point if you get a dyno tune...

Good software/tuning device for a reasonable price.

Nothing to add on the Fullsac pipe.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

It depends on what you want to do with it. I had a TTS on both my SG and Dyna. Running a Power Vision on my RG.

If you're going to a tuner for a dyno, by all means use what he/she recommends. It's what they're comfortable with, and what will get you the best result.

The tuning capabilities of both are similar, but the PV has the cool display and lets you autotune and load maps without hauling a laptop around. You also have the option to display real-time data on the touch screen.

I have been told, by more than one dyno tuner, that the Screamin Eagle tuner is the most difficult to work with.

I like both that I've used, but for me the PV works better.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

One minor thing the TTS does that the HD tuners won't allow is speedometer calibration.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:47 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

TT Master tune on my last 3 Harley's. I also have the Fullsac 2" w/X-pipe on my 2011 Road Glide CVO. I had my dealer convince me to go with a SE tuner on my CVO at first and they dyno it as well. That turned out to be a total waste of money. My best fuel economy was only 32 mpg. I had my CVO retuned by Doc Weaver in Miniola FL. He uses the TT Master Tune. What a difference. My fuel economy jumped into the low 40's on the ride home. My HP & TQ jumped much higher than what my local dealer was able to get. The SE Tuner is an expensive paper weight now. I'm told that the SE Tuner has a 8% or greater margin of error that can't be adjusted out. I also had the fly by wire throttle hesitation taken out, which I didn't know existed until it was removed by Doc's tune. Now with the greater fuel economy savings, I've finally recovered the cost of the 2nd tune.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the TTS, greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:33 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

ONE of the BEST tuning devises for an Harley Davidson Fuel injected motorcycle bar none! (JMHO)

If you have two bikes, it maybe worth getting the two bike model. New flight recorder, also you can download and save the original stock setting on it and upgrade to one of the many Proven maps that works with your upgrades. If you have to bring it to your dealer for anything, you can attach and set it to the original stock setting and no one knows!

If you get one from Fullsac, they give you maps for free and a discount for being a forum member on the CVOHarley site.

Really simple to set up. Once you download the CD, it takes longer to hook up two cables from the laptop to the toggle to the bike then it takes to download the map!

Just don't forget to order the two cables if you decide to order one.

O7RoadHawg- Correct! Steve Cole (owner/designer of "The Turbo Shop") TTS Mastertune Turner. Was the original maker of the SERT tuner for the MoCo, till they wanted more control and money. He knows his chit!

If you are on the fence, if I may suggest, the only other tuner that I would get if not TTS master tune turner would be a Power Vision turner.

Good luck,

YB

Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone.

TTS did make SERT and work for Harley for a few years. I was told the biggest bonus for using the TTS is the amount of readings per second. Most tuners read 6-10. TTS supposedly reads about 60. More data readings means better calibration and a better running system.

I asked the dealer about PV, mostly because of its popularity, and he still recommended the TTS over anything else.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

[QUOTE=Murderface;12617955]Thanks for the info everyone.

TTS did make SERT and work for Harley for a few years. I was told the biggest bonus for using the TTS is the amount of readings per second. Most tuners read 6-10. TTS supposedly reads about 60. More data readings means better calibration and a better running system.

I asked the dealer about PV, mostly because of its popularity, and he still recommended the TTS over anything else.[/QUOTE

You have done your home work!

MOST folks don't even bring up or even know about the "reading per seconds" that the TTS does vs other tuner brands.

Bonus, the maps that are sent out are pretty much 95-99.9% on the money! Sure you get a real good turner to tweak out the other 5% out to the motor but most folks that just to the map thing are totally stoked and keep it simple.

YB

Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

TTS or PV are both very similar in end results, I've used both.

IF you TRUST the guy to tune your bike, use whichever of those HE prefers.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune