Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Dealer in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
rufasim
Road Warrior
Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

12iron883, Why do you say avoind High Octane HD. I bought my SG from them the day they took over from Kellys.
Gave me everything I wanted in price and trade. Got a better interest rate from them then I could have from my credit union. I have had all my work done there and have been great. Jen, Mike, and all the rest have been wonderful. Never let me down.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I bought two new bikes from Monty's Cycle Shop in Bridgewater Mass back in 89 and 91. Not sure what it's like to deal with them now but back then it was a pleasure.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,408 Likes on 879 Posts

The people at Ocean State HD seem honest. I only bought parts and service from them. Had a problem getting them to warantee my regulator though. Mikes Famous just moved into a bigger building - they need to move a lot of bikes so probably stick to MSRP or less. They were at MSRP out the door in the winter.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 PM
NHHog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had nothing but good service and treated fairly at Manchester Harley when I lived up there. Bought an 07 fxdc new from them and paid msrp. Dealt with Jake as a sales person, he was there in 2010 when I left. Planned to stop in last week when I was up there but ran out of time.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:39 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 321 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
The people at Ocean State HD seem honest
Ocean State has two locations just south of Providence. Russ and his daughter own / run the business and seem honest enough. I've only bought just parts from them. All the prices are listed on the bikes too.

The other dealer in RI, Precision HD really seemed nice to me when I was considering purchasing new.

I'd stay away from Southhampton Harley Davidson up in Massachusetts. I was considering buying a FLD for the wife when they first came out and there weren't many around. I called Southhampton, they are a large dealer. They said "come on up, we'll get one here and you can demo it" Drove about 90 miles and guy starts telling me they didn't have any FLD's around and the Street Glide is the most popular bike and that's what I needed. I was heated. I decided to play the game. Of course no prices on the bikes. And all he kept focusing on was the monthly payment would be and not the actual cost of the bike. When I said I have to think about it....next out comes another level of management. More pressure! I let him have it! Told him the whole story about how I really wanted to see a FLD. He backed off and I walked out!

Last edited by sanman4ever; 04-22-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:33 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

It's funny how people's personal experiences vary.

I've purchased 3 bikes from Kelly's house of Harley Davidson (prior owners of high octane). The sales guy I bought from still works there. Two of my friends purchased from HO and got great deals, albeit requiring a little effort. A third friend tried and failed to reach a satisfactory deal.

I've always found Seacoast a bit proud of their motorcycles. I tried at Nashua HD a couple of times, but found their outright dishonesty troubling. They are closed now, "merged" with Manchester HD. They were always owned by the same family anyway. I've never tried to deal with the sales guys there, but the parts guys are pretty solid, the ones I've talked to anyway.

Further into NH, Granite State in Lebanon supposedly has good prices, but they're small. Heritage HD in Concord also used to be very proud of their bikes ($1k over MSRP a few years back, no haggling). Rochester HD is owned by Seacoast.

If I were buying a new bike, I would personally shop HO first since I have the relationship with them (they have serviced all of my bikes and I've been happy) since 2007. Then I would try Manchester, and Seacoast and probably Granite State, in that order.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Rufasim,

I agree, I've been happy with HO service. But, I will say that Kelly's was better in the sales department (prices on the bikes, lower key atmosphere). I've heard a few things about the sales that suggest that the deals are there, but you gotta work and be willing to walk to make them bend.

Jen in service is great, and I'll continue to go there until they give me a reason not to.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:06 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bpd138
Hi, I'm getting ready to "Pull the Trigger" and trade my 08 Street Glide in for 2014 Street Glide Special.
Does anyone here have any recommendations on a reputable dealer to use in New England? I've been checking out numerous dealer websites but the majority of them don't list prices and have "call for quote". Are there any Dealers in new England that sell at factory pricing? I'm more than willing to travel to get a deal. I really don't want to spend three plus hours playing the "buying game". It would be so much easier to see the price of the bike, negotiate a fair trade and ink the deal.
Thanks in advance for any input.
I am extremely happy with the price and service at Seacoast Harley. Personally I think you are a little late or way to early to talk money if that matters to you. My experience has always been to buy in late October to early December.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM
jsvt184
Tourer

Wilkins HD in Barre, Vermont. Family run, good folks. Been around since 1947. Barb the original owners wife is still working there every day.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:32 PM
king1065
Intermediate

I've had good luck with Pocasset HD on Cape Cod, just over the Bourne bridge. Jim Tripp the sales manager and one of the owners Charlie Tourkantonis took good care of me. Bought my last 2 bikes from them.

Quick Reply: Reputable Dealer in New England?