Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Dealer in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another vote for Sheldon's in Auburn, Chad and Bryan are doing a great job of revitalizing the dealership and they are making killer deals. You should check them out.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Chern
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought our Road King from L-A Harley in Lewiston. They were great to deal with. They have a very good reputation in this area.
http://www.l-aharley.com/

Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 PM
stevemucha
Novice

Originally Posted by jsvt184
Wilkins HD in Barre, Vermont. Family run, good folks. Been around since 1947. Barb the original owners wife is still working there every day.

All true, but MSRP only. No deals there.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
circlenine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a great deal from Yankee in Bristol, CT - they were really willing to deal. They are a high volume dealer, much like Seacoast in New Hampshire. That having been said, I hated Yankee's service and their management was rude. I would have walked out on principle had the dollar not been driving my decision.

My bike has been serviced at TSI in Ellington and if I was buying today, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to them. If you aren't looking to have a relationship with the service department, shop around, but try Yankee last. They will beat the competition (or at least they used to).

Old 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
winstoncup
Intermediate

+1 to 2013_FLHTK

I was in the market this spring and while I did not go to every dealer in the NH seacoast area the ones I did go to didn't seem all that interested in dealing... this is a hard time to negotiate at the beginning of the season, if you are not interested in paying whats on the sticker not much they seemed to want to do.

I ended up getting a 2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited with 350 miles on it via a private sale for $21K and am selling my bike on my own for 2.5x what they wanted to give me in trade...

Everyone I spoke to was real friendly for sure, just a tuff time of year to think you are going to get deals...

HTH and good luck!

Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
Ocean State has two locations just south of Providence. Russ and his daughter own / run the business and seem honest enough. I've only bought just parts from them. All the prices are listed on the bikes too.

The other dealer in RI, Precision HD really seemed nice to me when I was considering purchasing new.

I'd stay away from Southhampton Harley Davidson up in Massachusetts. I was considering buying a FLD for the wife when they first came out and there weren't many around. I called Southhampton, they are a large dealer. They said "come on up, we'll get one here and you can demo it" Drove about 90 miles and guy starts telling me they didn't have any FLD's around and the Street Glide is the most popular bike and that's what I needed. I was heated. I decided to play the game. Of course no prices on the bikes. And all he kept focusing on was the monthly payment would be and not the actual cost of the bike. When I said I have to think about it....next out comes another level of management. More pressure! I let him have it! Told him the whole story about how I really wanted to see a FLD. He backed off and I walked out!
Southampton Harley treated me the same way when I purchased my 08 Street Glide. I ended up going to Tibby's in Springfield (closed now) and got a great deal. I went into Southampton Harley again this past weekend figuring I would give them a shot at selling me a bike. Once again I got the high pressure sales tactics and they just didn't want to hear what I had to say. It really irks me that they don't post pricing on any of their new bikes. Several of my friends have walked out of Southampton Harley for the same reasons, gone to Sheldon's and got a pretty good deal. I've been talking with a guy at Gengras Harley Davidson in East Hartford, Ct and they are quoting reasonable prices that include all the setup, prep and doc fees.

Just like everyone else though, I have a budget in mind and want to get the most bike I can for my money. I guess I'm going to have to visit a few dealers this weekend and see what I can get for a deal. That being said, as much as I want a new bike, I love my present one and it doesn't bother me in the least to wait until the end of the riding season.

Thanks for all the advice and input, it is certainly helping me making a decision.

Last edited by bpd138; 04-22-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

North Country HD in Augusta Maine. Smaller dealership. I bought my 08 there and walked in with numbers in my head that they had to beat or I was walking (not my first new bike either). Their initial OTD beat my must have number by $1K (net of trade/purchase). I really thought they overpaid for my 99 with 70,000 miles but they turned around and sold it in 3 days, of course I have no idea if they took a bath on it or not.
Their service manager for many years, Ron, left them last year and I was really disappointed as were many others. He left on his own, he had an 1+ hour commute to work and found work closer to home. He knew his stuff. Don't have much experience with current svc. mgr.

If you prefer to have a dealer do service work, North Country pre-sells, with purchase, service coupons (6-pack) good for 1k, 5k, or 10k services (use them how you wish, obviously if you use them for 6-10k services it is a better "deal").

if you want to venture into NY, Spitzie's in Albany is a good dealer (several friends use them solely). I know several people who got $1k off msrp plus $1k in accessories (installed) and free 1k mile service. But they are local.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't forget, no sales tax in New Hampshire, right there will save you a crap load of money..

Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackflame
Don't forget, no sales tax in New Hampshire, right there will save you a crap load of money..
If only, In Massachusetts it doesn't matter where you buy the bike, you still have to pay the sales tax when you register it.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Mikes Famous in New London, CT they are great people will work with you. Have not bought a bike here but friends have and said they would not go anyplace else for service or another bike.
Brothers' in Branford,CT sells at MSRP that is all I can say about them.

Quick Reply: Reputable Dealer in New England?