Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Dealer in New England?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:39 AM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Reputable Dealer in New England?

Hi, I'm getting ready to "Pull the Trigger" and trade my 08 Street Glide in for 2014 Street Glide Special.
Does anyone here have any recommendations on a reputable dealer to use in New England? I've been checking out numerous dealer websites but the majority of them don't list prices and have "call for quote". Are there any Dealers in new England that sell at factory pricing? I'm more than willing to travel to get a deal. I really don't want to spend three plus hours playing the "buying game". It would be so much easier to see the price of the bike, negotiate a fair trade and ink the deal.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

No personal Experience, but I've heard that Manchester HD (NH) are good folks to deal with. Too bad Paramount HD in Framingham MA went under. I liked those guys.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an good deal on my 2010 limited, Just paid it off, but the service staff and Mike the big guy I bought the bike from was a very nice dude; honest and helpful. At the time BOSTON HD was under the Rossmyer name, but now I think after Rossmyer passed it was sold to the New Hampshire dealership, which I have no experience with. That being said I rode metric for years and my experiences with Weymouth Honda in Mass were no better than what you will read on here. Over all I was happy with the deal on my limited. I was never able to bring it back there for service, as I live here in Mexico and rode it down here, but my cousin bought fat bob there and he has told me that he has had nothing but great experiences an will not take it anywhere else and he lives in the south shore and Boston HD is on the north shore. He is very picky.
One other thing you might want to look into is a good Indy. FTF cycles (Randolf, Ma.) Is a shop and sells used bikes. They are all HD and Dan and the boys there are the best there are for bike work and knowledge. They race and they know what works and what does not cause they win. They have some really awesome bikes there for sale. I any case good luck

Old 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Sheldon's HD in Auburn is under new ownership/management and they are working real hard to change the reputation from the old ownership. Picked up my 14 Ultra Limited from them and they gave me a real good deal on my trade in. They are very good at working with you on the phone as well. Give them a call.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM
gbneal
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Moose HD in Portland, Maine.

http://www.bigmooseharley.com/

Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM
clembo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a former customer of Paramount, bought a bike from Sheldon's last summer and was very happy. One of the new owners was the HD rep before, I think they are trying hard to establish a good reputation.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 AM
12Iron883
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Avoid High Octane in MA at all costs.

Seacoast Harley Davidson in North Hampton, NH is a great place to buy. I have purchsed my last 3 bikes from John Paltore over there.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 AM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bpd138
Hi, I'm getting ready to "Pull the Trigger" and trade my 08 Street Glide in for 2014 Street Glide Special.
Does anyone here have any recommendations on a reputable dealer to use in New England? I've been checking out numerous dealer websites but the majority of them don't list prices and have "call for quote". Are there any Dealers in new England that sell at factory pricing? I'm more than willing to travel to get a deal. I really don't want to spend three plus hours playing the "buying game". It would be so much easier to see the price of the bike, negotiate a fair trade and ink the deal.
Thanks in advance for any input.
I think on the sites that say to call for prices if you watch the video attached they mention the prices & the options. Good luck in your quest.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Justride53
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are not in New England, but McDermotts in Fort Ann NY is good. Just a few miles from the Vt. border on Route 4.
I bought there last year and was happy. I paid $800 less than MSRP and they include the 1000 mile service. No set up or doc. fees either.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely check out Sheldon's. Bryan Castor, the GM, is a good guy and a straight shooter. Has worked at TSI and Gengras in CT in the past.

I bought mine at Harley of Southampton and got the deal I was looking for at the time. In the end, I chose them as they were the closest to my house, its the only reason I did not go back to Bryan when he was at TSI. I'll talk to Bryan first about my next one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reputable Dealer in New England?