Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving a tour pak rearward?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 04-23-2014, 03:39 PM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[quote=sfcmo357;12630118]
Originally Posted by blazink5
There was a thread that someone posted (don't remember who) who provided a template that you can use to make yourself. I used that template and after it was cut and drilled, I powdercoated it. Sat my wifey back about 2-3 inches and she says it's much more comfortable. Total cost = $15...already had the material, cost is for powdercoating.

blazink5!!! We have same exact setup from C&C solo/backrest/rear pillion/banana pad. My wife is riding with me this weekend and we did a little test ride with the razor pak. She said the rider backrest was very uncomfortable....meaning, it was crammed between her legs. I sat back there and GEEEZ....the backrest was crammed between my legs, so I'll take it off on our ride and lean back on her if I have to. My daughter thinks its no big deal when she's back there, but she's 15.

My question is...does that 2-3 inches, you moved your wife back allow her to be comfortable with driver backrest on----of course, there's the possibility the backrest never bothered her before you moved the pak back.
My wife is tiny so she didn't have an issue with my rider backrest on before the TP was moved back. But now that's it's relocated back a few inches, she like's it much better as she can lean back more, not being so straight up in position. Makes it easier for her to switch through music on her cell phone to my bluetooth head unit...lol. I would highly recommend this mod to make the wifey happy and comfy. Sorry I don't have the passenger pillion on in the pic below but you get the idea.

Last edited by blazink5; 04-23-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only wanted to move mine back 1"....So went with this one. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4605/Relocator-Kit

Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

I just drilled two new holes 2 inches back on my quick detach plate and two holes in the tourpack. As was suggested by DKcustoms.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by christophgage
I just drilled two new holes 2 inches back on my quick detach plate and two holes in the tourpack. As was suggested by DKcustoms.
I thought about doing that too, but I will benefit from the added height the relocation plate will give me. My Hogtunes lids lightly rub my Biketronics 7.1 pods when opening them.

That could be an inexpensive way for a lot of people to go though.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

deleted

Last edited by sfcmo357; 04-24-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

My wife is tiny so she didn't have an issue with my rider backrest on before the TP was moved back. But now that's it's relocated back a few inches, she like's it much better as she can lean back more, not being so straight up in position. Makes it easier for her to switch through music on her cell phone to my bluetooth head unit...lol. I would highly recommend this mod to make the wifey happy and comfy. Sorry I don't have the passenger pillion on in the pic below but you get the idea.

Thanks for the feedback.......I'll consider the relocation if she starts riding more than once or twice a year. My wife said the banana pad was comfy---I'm afraid to put the stock pad on because she would probably lose her mind with how comfy that is--because it comes up higher. I may get it "to match" with C&C

[QUOTE=blazink5;12630565]
Originally Posted by sfcmo357

Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

yeah I can loosen 4 bolts and slide the pack forward...when I get a minute I will look in the catalog and see if I can find it.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

i cant find it in the parts catalog, my bike is a 2008 ultra...but I know I ordered it through Harley at the dealer cause they showed it to me in the catalog. but it is like this but I didn't pay near that price, but now that I remember I bought it one of those open house days with 20%-20% of off
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/390...-Pak-Relocator

Old 04-24-2014, 05:43 PM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by knepp1bj
i cant find it in the parts catalog, my bike is a 2008 ultra...but I know I ordered it through Harley at the dealer cause they showed it to me in the catalog. but it is like this but I didn't pay near that price, but now that I remember I bought it one of those open house days with 20%-20% of off
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/390...-Pak-Relocator
I got this one and it is pretty sweet. There is a little learning curve on the quick adjust statement but my OL is 6'2 and the driver backrest was just not cutting it with her and without it I wasn't where I wanted to be. All is good now in about 5 minutes. Moves it forward 1" when she isn't on it. Was worth $220 chrome cash I ended up paying for it through Lake Shore HD. BTW I did the same thing sfcmo357 did and climbed back there with the drivers BR in place. Ordered it the next day.

Quick Reply: Moving a tour pak rearward?