Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving a tour pak rearward?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM
woodsietx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving a tour pak rearward?

I am looking to move a tour pack back to put a little more space between me and the passenger. In another thread I found a reference to Ultimate Seats as a good place for replacement seats. I went there and found this:

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/HarleyFL...cationKit.html

Anyone ever use it?

I want to use it on my Heritage that has a detachable rack with attached tour-pak. I've got a similar post on the Softail forum but figured I'd get additional comments here.

I'm also looking for suggestions for an adjustable passenger backrest other than the one in Harley's catalog, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for options.

And again, it's for a 2008 Heritage.

Thanks

Thanks.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

I went ahead and ordered this:

http://www.aandscustomdesigns.com/

I looked at the one you mentioned and it didn't say if it worked with detachable racks. I should have it in the mail in a few days.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 PM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by woodsietx
I am looking to move a tour pack back to put a little more space between me and the passenger. In another thread I found a reference to Ultimate Seats as a good place for replacement seats. I went there and found this:

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/HarleyFL...cationKit.html

Anyone ever use it?

I want to use it on my Heritage that has a detachable rack with attached tour-pak. I've got a similar post on the Softail forum but figured I'd get additional comments here.

I'm also looking for suggestions for an adjustable passenger backrest other than the one in Harley's catalog, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for options.

And again, it's for a 2008 Heritage.

Thanks

Thanks.
I have that one on mine, works great and can hardly tell the tour pack has been moved. Keeps the ol'lady off my back

Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 880 Posts

Woods, I don't know why you want to move that girl in your avatar further back? I'd be moving the pack closer! LOL

Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

I bought mine through the Harley catalog...$132.00??? or something like that...moved the tour pack back 3 inches.

love it, even makes the pipes a little louder.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:31 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Can you still keep the stock "distance" if you want and just adjust 2-3 inches if you want? I ask because my wife only rides a few times a riding season

Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 PM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There was a thread that someone posted (don't remember who) who provided a template that you can use to make yourself. I used that template and after it was cut and drilled, I powdercoated it. Sat my wifey back about 2-3 inches and she says it's much more comfortable. Total cost = $15...already had the material, cost is for powdercoating.

Last edited by blazink5; 04-23-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
woodsietx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
Woods, I don't know why you want to move that girl in your avatar further back? I'd be moving the pack closer! LOL
I'd agree with that if she was a regular ride. If you want to see more of her in that outfit, and her legs are righteous BTW, she was one of the characters in a video game called Loco Cycle. It came out last year. I was part of the "biker gang" video shoot they did for the game. She was the leader of the Honey Bee MC. Tom Savani played the head of the evil MC. He has her chained to a nuclear missile. It was a fun day.

Last edited by woodsietx; 04-23-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
woodsietx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
I went ahead and ordered this:

http://www.aandscustomdesigns.com/

I looked at the one you mentioned and it didn't say if it worked with detachable racks. I should have it in the mail in a few days.
I'll take a peek. Thanks

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Can you still keep the stock "distance" if you want and just adjust 2-3 inches if you want? I ask because my wife only rides a few times a riding season
I'm looking for the same reason so if someone can help with some info?? Most of the time we'll use the stock backrest and rack that I put on detachable rails.

That said, the instructions make it look fixed in place. Kuryakyn makes several it turns out, including one that quick adjusts. It's not clear if it works on a detachable Softail rack.

Originally Posted by knepp1bj
I bought mine through the Harley catalog...$132.00??? or something like that...moved the tour pack back 3 inches.
Do you have the part #? I think I've seen it but it's for the touring rack. But I could be mistaken.

Originally Posted by blazink5
There was a thread that someone posted (don't remember who) who provided a template that you can use to make yourself. I used that template and after it was cut and drilled, I powdercoated it. Sat my wifey back about 2-3 inches and she says it's much more comfortable. Total cost = $15...already had the material, cost is for powdercoating.
This would be a good solution since I have some other things I'd like to have coated. Got some ideas for black and copper foot controls. But keeping the wife comfy comes first. I'll search the forum for it.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:58 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE=blazink5;12629881]There was a thread that someone posted (don't remember who) who provided a template that you can use to make yourself. I used that template and after it was cut and drilled, I powdercoated it. Sat my wifey back about 2-3 inches and she says it's much more comfortable. Total cost = $15...already had the material, cost is for powdercoating.

blazink5!!! We have same exact setup from C&C solo/backrest/rear pillion/banana pad. My wife is riding with me this weekend and we did a little test ride with the razor pak. She said the rider backrest was very uncomfortable....meaning, it was crammed between her legs. I sat back there and GEEEZ....the backrest was crammed between my legs, so I'll take it off on our ride and lean back on her if I have to. My daughter thinks its no big deal when she's back there, but she's 15.

My question is...does that 2-3 inches, you moved your wife back allow her to be comfortable with driver backrest on----of course, there's the possibility the backrest never bothered her before you moved the pak back.

Quick Reply: Moving a tour pak rearward?