Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not The Same Old Corbin Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts
Default Not The Same Old Corbin Story

I'm the kinda guy who calls a spade a spade. Even if I have to eat a little crow to do it. I ordered a Corbin Gunfighter less than a month ago for my 2011 Road King and it arrived yesterday. It wasn't promised for another couple weeks so it was a nice surprise. Back in the 80s I ordered a Corbin for my Duc and it was one of the worst crafted things I ever purchased. It didn't fit the bike (at all) and the CS guy suggested I take a Dremel to the seat pan. I declined to do so and returned it. That started one of the worst refund processes I've been involved with to this very day. That notwithstanding, I order this Corbin because I never got to see what everyone (or at least some) raves about.

Order process over the phone was simple. The only hitch was when the gal repeated my order back she said "leather seating area". I asked about that and she said "we use leather in the seating area and vinyl everywhere else. I told her I wanted a completely leather saddle and asked if it cost more. She said no and made the correction. I did wonder about that because I'd never heard of Corbin using vinyl before.

The instructions to install the seat were simple and straightforward. It was on in a couple of minutes and fit well. It looks great and felt comfy on the short ride I took last night after dinner. It's a winner in my book provided it doesn't fall off the bike or grow a spike out of it. I said I would NEVER do business with Corbin again about 30 years ago. I lied. My justification for trying it again was, with all the customer service complaints they get, they're still in business. I figured the only way that can happen is to produce a great product.

So there it is, I'm gonna go look for some BBQ sauce for this crow I have to eat.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:55 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,246 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
I did wonder about that because I'd never heard of Corbin using vinyl before.
From the Corbin web page "In the side panels and tail, we use a coordinating vinyl material to keep your foam shape tight and the saddle looking sharp longer. "

Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Takedown
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had several Corbin seats and liked them all. Like you stated, it takes them a while to get them to you.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 AM
SourMash
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I've been looking at their seats. Thinking about getting one for myself.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,539 Likes on 3,791 Posts

Never had any problem with mine. It goes all the way back to 2005. Never done anything for it except throw the fitted cover over it at night. It's held up better then the left Harley saddle bag that has some sun damage. Mine has vinyl sides and I was told then it would hold up longer? HA, anyway, I ask them to do all leather. Took a while as the person discussed it with some one but at that time they said it needed to be vinyl. It still matches pretty good. My only problem is the back rest hole covers are faded. Been a good seat.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:51 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

I order 1 back in March. Came sooner than I expected. Made exactly as I specified. They refused to give any discount so I went thru a dealer to get it and got a better deal than directly thru Corbin. Great looking and riding seat. I'd buy it again no question.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:39 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

While their customer service is really bad and I hate giving them my money (Same with Harley), there just isn't a better seat for for my butt. I do try to get them used. Figure they aren't getting a new sale??

Old 04-23-2014, 12:04 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Love Corbin seats. They have been on every motorcycle I have owned since the seventies except my new FLHTK.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep your receipt...

I really like my Corbins.
I've had over a dozen, and a couple sets of Beetle Bags on sportbikes. Currently 5 bikes w/five Corbins. Always promoted them. Only had one that didn't fit right due to a deformed pan. Had 4 of that exact same seat other than color, still have one and the bike's long gone. Once my painter lost the latches for my bags. No problem, ordered a new set. But the last time I needed to order a part, bracket for the seat rail on the wife's Deluxe, they would not sell me the part unless I had the original reciept and submit under warranty as the original owner. Really? a bin full of little brackets and I cant BUY a replacement? Sorry, I don't have a receipt for a 5 yr old seat. I do love the seats but they can KMA from here on. They lost a 20 yr repeat customer. I can fabricate a bracket, no big deal, but to withhold an off the shelf part....

Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
grandparudy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received the Corbin seat for my 2007 street glide before I received the bike. Love the seat and the bike. Corbin said it may take approximately 2000 miles for the seat to breakin to my body shape but the seat felt great from mile one!

Quick Reply: Not The Same Old Corbin Story