Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealership has had my bike for 24 hrs. They haven't returned my call so I don't know whats wrong with it. The Oil pressure was down to 5 PSI at traffic light stops just before that and it went up to 30 psi when I accelerated.

After it first quit, it started again after sitting for about 20 minutes and ran good for 10-15 seconds and died again.

Last edited by Danny D; 04-23-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

The selling dealer probably screwed up your info when they set up your membership. I would think that they should have been able to find you by address or phone number though.

I keep a pic of my card on my phone, just in case I can't find the member number.

If you have since found your card, log on to the Hog website, set up a web account, and verify that your renewal was taken care of.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny D
I said I was looking and my membership card which stated It expired at the end of May this year.
maybe it's because I paid the $20 upgrade, road america sent me a separate card.

or maybe because I am life member and have no expiry ( ha)

in my State AAA does not cover bikes.

the Hog + $20 gives unlimited mileage/ occurrence towing to nearest dealer, USA and Canada.

OP, that sucks and you should bring this to the attention of HOG by mail, all the names of the mucky mucks is in the hog magazine

offer them a chance to correct this.
then let us know how they treat you and what solution they give

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 04-23-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

All those touting AAA, I work in law enforcement and whenever I come upon someone broke down who then tells me they are going to call AAA for a tow, I know it will be minimum of one hour to as much as 3 or more hours for a tow to show up. This is in good weather and not a busy time. Throw in a blizzard or high traffic times and the tow times increase. It takes the mouthbreathers at AAA at least a half hour to even call for a tow and when the tow company gets the AAA call, that tow usually goes to the bottom of their list, maybe because AAA doesn't pay as much as a regular tow costs. Why anyone pays for this kind of service is beyond me.

With your average smartphone you usually can just ask it to show you the nearest tow companies. Then you can call yourself. It will be more expensive than AAA, but not having to stand along a highway in the rain for 3 hours may make it worth it.

Last edited by Guntoter; 04-23-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
maybe it's because I paid the $20 upgrade, road america sent me a separate card.

or maybe because I am life member and have no expiry ( ha)

in my State AAA does not cover bikes.

the Hog + $20 gives unlimited mileage/ occurrence towing to nearest dealer, USA and Canada.

OP, that sucks and you should bring this to the attention of HOG by mail, all the names of the mucky mucks is in the hog magazine

offer them a chance to correct this.
then let us know how they treat you and what solution they give

mike
Yeah I do the $29 upgrade to cover all cost for a tow to the nearest H-D dealer and have a separate RoadAmerica card also. Worth the peace of mind since I am often a LONG way from a dealership.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:44 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
All those touting AAA, I work in law enforcement and whenever I come upon someone broke down who then tells me they are going to call AAA for a tow, I know it will be minimum of one hour to as much as 3 or more hours for a tow to show up. This is in good weather and not a busy time. Throw in a blizzard or high traffic times and the tow times increase. It takes the mouthbreathers at AAA at least a half hour to even call for a tow and when the tow company gets the AAA call, that tow usually goes to the bottom of their list, maybe because AAA doesn't pay as much as a regular tow costs. Why anyone pays for this kind of service is beyond me.

With your average smartphone you usually can just ask it to show you the nearest tow companies. Then you can call yourself. It will be more expensive than AAA, but not having to stand along a highway in the rain for 3 hours may make it worth it.

I have had 1 issue with AAA since 1977 and used it for a lot more than it cost me.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

The Oil pressure was down to 5 PSI at traffic light stops just before that and it went up to 30 psi when I accelerated.
I dont think your oil pressure was a symptom of your problem, these are normal numbers.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Dark lo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unbelievable!! 1)always keep a friends number close who in times like this you can ask for help. 2) No excuse for what HOG did.
3) curious to know why your scoot broke down.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Just-Jeff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update Danny, I was just going to send my check in this week but this is the 3rd story I heard like this. I'm going with AAA with motorcycle road side assistance.

I called HOG Roadside Assistance yesterday when my 2013 Street Glide Broke Down on the Freeway. Even though I am only 11 months into my first year they could not find my membership. I asked for a supervisor and she told me my HOG membership expired last year. I said I was looking and my membership card which stated It expired at the end of May this year. They told me I was wrong and they couldn't help me.

AND... Last week I went to a HD dealership and paid for another year of HOG membership. Yesterday HOG Roadside assistance couldn't find that either. All this while I was standing next to my bike on a Freeway in MO with cars zipping past me at 70 mph.

Two Harleys and three cops drove by and NO one stopped.
Finally I told Roadside Assistance to get me a wrecker to pick up my bike and take it to the Harley Dealership 5 miles away and I would pay for it myself. They called a wrecker that came 3 hours later.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We're all Monday morning quarterbacks here, but could you have called the dealer that sold you the bike?

Quick Reply: HOG Problems