Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Allstate. My friend owns the agency and she told me for a few bucks more, I can get the towing coverage. It covers towing in case of accidents, flat tires, or any mechanical failure. And if you're far from home, it covers hotel expenses (I think for up to 3 nights per instance and $100/night).

I had similar experiences to @Guntoter with AAA and my dad was a tow truck driver that verified AAA tows are not a priority. Yeah, with Allstate, I have to pay the tow truck driver then get reimbursed, but if it gets me quicker service, I'm good with it.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:21 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

So did they ever reimburse you. Show the dealership your card?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I used AAA to bail myself out of jail one night in NC for an excessive speeding ticket. Back in those days in Alamance County, anything over 25 mph required the driver to be arrested. I sent my fine through the mail and then a few months later I got a letter from AAA saying that I skipped court and they wanted their $200 bucks. I told them to sue me.

My mother locks herself out of her van at least once every two months. She calls, they come. Its worth every dime for her. And to me, since I don't have to go break into her van.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Used HOG towing twice in past 11 years. No issues. Never had to tow the Buell.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 04-23-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Who would you trust to get your bike towed? This guy:

Or this guy?:

Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,491 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Sorry no one stopped to ask if they could give you a hand or help.

Over the years I wouldn't attempt to count the times that I've stopped to offer assistance to folks on the side of the road to find out that they just stopped for a smoke, answer a cell call, or to simply shoot-the-s*%t with their riding partner!

Here's a couple of tips:

1. IF, you NEED help and you think another biker may be able to help you, sit your helmet on the ground where bikers approaching from the rear can see it before they get to you.

2. If you're NOT broke down, and you don't need help, DON'T stop on the side of the road. Thousands of people in the U.S. get killed every year "standing beside the road" and there's always pull-offs or businesses a short ride down the road.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:58 AM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Allstate RV membership, ya its $99 a year but so worth it... used it for having cars towed a few times, quick response and i never see a bill. last February i had a accident on my BMW at 5:00 am on a Monday morning, the bike was towed to a secured lot within minutes of my being on my way to the local trauma center. again never saw a bill for towing, and didn't get a bill for storage when i picked up the bike a week later...

Old 04-24-2014, 05:59 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by baldguy13
I have Allstate. My friend owns the agency and she told me for a few bucks more, I can get the towing coverage. It covers towing in case of accidents, flat tires, or any mechanical failure. And if you're far from home, it covers hotel expenses (I think for up to 3 nights per instance and $100/night).

I had similar experiences to @Guntoter with AAA and my dad was a tow truck driver that verified AAA tows are not a priority. Yeah, with Allstate, I have to pay the tow truck driver then get reimbursed, but if it gets me quicker service, I'm good with it.

i do the same. only i'm with usaa. they'll directly pay the tow company so i don't have to wait for reimbursement.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:22 AM
nailz53
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny D What was the outcome on the Bike , what caused the shut down.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

HOG Life Member, no expire date. pay 19.95/year for Unlimited towing to nearest dealer (separate road america card) and get 18% off my ATT wireless bill for being HOG member (that pays for membership dues by itself).

Quick Reply: HOG Problems