Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rick9662 Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:43 PM
easybiker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rick9662 Chrome

I exchangd my stock wheels for chrome wheels from rick9662 in CA. I put the wheels on my bike in November 2012. The wheels are warantied for 2 years. While cleaning up the bike this spring I discovered the chrome was peeling on the rear wheel so I contacted Rick and he said he would waranty the wheel. All I had to do was ship it to him. I live in Ohio. I told Rick since I was not able to remove the wheel my self and store the bike until he re-chromed it I would have to have the dealer do it and pay storage and labor. Rick said that is the way his waranty works.

I asked if he could ship an instock wheel and charge my credit card so we could do an exchange. Then as soon as he got my original wheel back he could give me a credit on my card. Rick refused saying he did not do it that way.

So what am I to do. The only thing left to do was for me to purchase a wheel from Harley. I'm not here to bash anyone since Rick has gotten great reviews on his chrome service. I would just like to remind anyone who is interested in making a purchase like I did to give it a lot of thought. Just because a business offers a waranty it may not really be worth much if it is going to cost you more in the long run then the original part. If I lived close to Rick's business it would not be a problem, but I live 2000 miles away.

Everyone needs to think about where their hard earned cash is going and not just go with who ever offers the cheapest price. It just may cost you a lot more in the long run

Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

There are inexpensive stock wheels in the classified section and on ebay all the time.

What kind of bike?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:03 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

well in all fairness you have to also think about it this way.

1) he charges your card x amount of $.
2) Sends you a wheel.
3) You take your wheel off and send back to him.
4) he receives wheel in a condition that was not described to him
5) he refuses to refund your $
6) you get upset and take it up with the CC company
7) cc company resolves in your favor
8) rick is now out x amount of $ AND a wheel that cannot be rechromed to recover his loss.

Certainly not saying this is the case with you sir, but you have to look at it from the business point of view also before getting on a forum like this and blasting someone who is actually willing to help you but with equal compromise.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought that all costs incurred making an in warranty repair should be absorbed by the seller, shipping both ways etc. and in a timely manner...JMO

Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mikind7
I always thought that all costs incurred making an in warranty repair should be absorbed by the seller, shipping both ways etc. and in a timely manner...JMO
not in this day and age!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:41 PM
sprint12
Road Warrior

easybiker
Where you at in Ohio? I have a stock street glide rear wheel your welcome to use if need.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd say that's a pretty poor policy in my opinion but it's not my business to run. My $0.02, he should charge your card and ship you the replacement wheel. You then in turn ship the bad one back and he refunds the charges which is not an uncommon practice at all for business throughout the world. This of course if after you send him pictures of the flaking.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

2) Sends you a wheel.
8) rick is now out x amount of $ AND a wheel that cannot be rechromed to recover his loss.

Certainly not saying this is the case with you sir, but you have to look at it from the business point of view also before getting on a forum like this and blasting someone who is actually willing to help you but with equal compromise.
Same could be said if it was a first time buyer. Buy product and reverse with the CC. No different then what the OP is asking.

Customer service is never written in stone and given the OPs predicament surely not an unreasonable request.

I purchased my rechrome from a competetior of this Ric. He will cross-ship on an error or warranty issue. He does not even ding the credit card for a core charge unless you do not return the cores within 60 days.

Come to think of it, I cannot remember every a business refusing to cross-ship a product to me if I was willing to pay, even if it was an error on my part.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ThisIsMe
Same could be said if it was a first time buyer. Buy product and reverse with the CC. No different then what the OP is asking.

Customer service is never written in stone and given the OPs predicament surely not an unreasonable request.

I purchased my rechrome from a competetior of this Ric. He will cross-ship on an error or warranty issue. He does not even ding the credit card for a core charge unless you do not return the cores within 60 days.

Come to think of it, I cannot remember every a business refusing to cross-ship a product to me if I was willing to pay, even if it was an error on my part.
Believe me, I get it and feel the same way. But.. that's not the way this is playing out and IMO, this individual/company kinda gives me the impression with their policy that they do not keep extra chromed wheels in stock.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
easybiker
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

2) Sends you a wheel.

First of all read what I wrote. I'm not blasting anyone. Just saying know in advance what you are getting into when you make a purchase and think about how the waranty will effect you if you have to use it.

Quick Reply: rick9662 Chrome