Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemets

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:46 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

GM54S by GMax is worth a look. My GMax 1/2 helmet is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. Sadly Doc says no more sun so I have to cover up now.I currently have a Fulmer modular that is pretty good, but this one has more venting and a drop down shaded visor built in.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

did you decide on a helmet? I have a Hawk 3/4 with dual visors. it's light with great vision but doesn't block a lot of noise since it has minimal padding to keep weight down an help venting. I picked up a Crazy Al's from a member on here that didn't like the fit. I like it so I'm putting my bell drifter up for sale that I only used a few times.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 AM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I watched the review of the Bell Rogue
and thought about switching, but haven't yet. That Pitbull looks nice
. Would be really cool if it also had a tinted visor that flipped down.

I've got a monster sized melon and it's hard for me to find a helmet that doesn't rub me at the top of the forehead, right at the hairline.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:23 AM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 58sniper
Would be really cool if it also had a tinted visor that flipped down.
The Bell Pit Boss does have an internal dark visor that pulls down.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J929626
Yeah, try it on first. I wanted one then went to a local shop to try it on and looked like a freaking mushroom. No good for me, but I got a large melon.
The only helmet I've found to not give me that look is the Vega Naked or other low profile brain buckets.

Was thinking of it since I am LIKELY going to need to wear glasses when driving after my next trip to the DMV to get my license renewed.

For now I am likely going to have to wear my FF with my glasses. It's and Icon Airframe so it's pretty light with good ventilation.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:29 AM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by babygorilla
Yeah, try it on first. I wanted one then went to a local shop to try it on and looked like a freaking mushroom. No good for me, but I got a large melon.
The only helmet I've found to not give me that look is the Vega Naked or other low profile brain buckets.

Was thinking of it since I am LIKELY going to need to wear glasses when driving after my next trip to the DMV to get my license renewed.

For now I am likely going to have to wear my FF with my glasses. It's and Icon Airframe so it's pretty light with good ventilation.
I have tried it on and I wear one daily. My head measures 63 cm so I too have a large head. I also wear glasses.

I agree that you need to try on a helmet before buying and that just because a helmet works for someone else it may not be right for you.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Juan-The-Human
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings from SO-FLA,

I have the Bell Drifter Black Ops, and it is a Quasi-1/2-3/4 Helmet that is supremely comfortable. It also has a adjustment cradle inside of the padding that adjusts and snugs to your head, similar to some technology in bicycle helmets.

Bullet casing rivets accents, flat black with gloss accents, solid DOT construction.

I am very happy with it. Hope you find something that works for you.

Ride Safe and Ride Often. Rubber Side Down. Over and Out.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 AM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J929626
Yeah, the Revzilla video showed a clear visor, but the info page showed dark. What I was after was it would be nice if it had both, so you could switch when it gets dark out.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 PM
nervous
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 58sniper
Yeah, the Revzilla video showed a clear visor, but the info page showed dark. What I was after was it would be nice if it had both, so you could switch when it gets dark out.
mine came with gray, I bought a clear and you could easily change them out as needed. But, I never have. In fact I rarely use it at all. Maybe in some buggy conditions or rain. Beyond that the Road King shield is all I need.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:27 AM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have a big dome too sniper....24" (60/61 cc) an I got a Crazy Al's from a guy on here. fits my head well but the rapid connect disconnect buckle is on the first click LOL. wonder if they use the same length straps for all sizes.

Quick Reply: Hemets