Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Wind Deflectors +1

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fork Wind Deflectors +1

Just installed my new fork deflectors from JESCustomAccents.com.

http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=34

Read about them here at HDF and was curious if they could eliminate the little bit of under tank buffeting I still got on my 2014 SGS.

After getting them back from my powder coater and installed I am pleased with the look. Now to test them out.

Took a pretty good ride yesterday, a number of miles in town and no problems but couldn't feel any difference. I assume because there was little to no wind and just not moving at a fast enough speed. So I got on my local freeway and got up to 80 mph. They do indeed work very well. The deflectors do create a quiet pocket of air as described here on HDF. BUT I did notice one thing, yesterday was nearly no wind or breeze at all here in Vegas, but coming around a sweeping curve there was a sudden gust of wind that came out of nowhere and I did feel it at the front of the forks which I've never felt before. So not expecting that it did surprise me of how well the deflectors caught the breeze and affected my front end.

Next week I am heading down to SoCal for the week and I will truly put the deflectors through the paces crossing many types of terrain and some areas I'm going through there are the notorious Santa Ana winds which can be pretty strong gusts as well as cruising down the coastal highway so that will give me a good indication of how well these deflectors work or if they work to well in strong gusts

So far from my brief test they did a great job, eliminated the wind from under my tank, no buffeting, a nice pocket of quiet air, they blend in very well with my bike and just look great. All in all I am a satisfied and happy customer.

Attached Thumbnails Fork Wind Deflectors +1-img_0988_1.jpg   Fork Wind Deflectors +1-img_0989_1.jpg   Fork Wind Deflectors +1-img_0990_1.jpg   Fork Wind Deflectors +1-img_0991_1.jpg  

Last edited by Bigg Lou; 05-24-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I can't tell from your pics, but if you don't already have one, you may want to consider a fork air baffle.
Some folks claim it diverts wind away from your engine but I installed one on my '13 and it doesn't have any negative effect that I can determine and it reduces the amount of air that comes over the tank that created an updraft on your upper body and face.

They come in a black or chrome finish.

I have both of these and combined they do not eliminate wind, they only divert it.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:33 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

The fork air baffle came stock on my older bike, but I've never taken it off to see if it does any good! It was first introduced in 1979 on the shovel Glides, so has been around a long time.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:10 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Added a triple tree fork baffle to our '03 RK when we had it, made one hell of a lot of difference in wind around the tank, the addition of the side fork deflectors just enhanced the air movement away from us in the seat. Never saw/felt any changes in engine heat, could drop a hand under the seat area and feel plenty of air flow even at low speeds across the cylinders. Ended up adding lowers to get the effect I wanted.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

The fork baffle works well too.
It reduces the air coming over the tank, while the deflectors push air out to the side.
If you ride in the cold, try them on and ride again, you can better feel the difference.
Mine stay on year round.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Jlbflhtc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on the fork deflectors and baffle.
Works for me.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Barnettbill
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine in today. Very high quality IMO. Joe was sick so he called me to let me know that they would be late, this is excelent customer service. They took me about 10 minutes to install and I tried them out on a short ride. They do make a difference in wind and buffeting.
I would highly recomend these.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:03 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Man, You guys are gonna make me install mine yet...

Old 05-01-2015, 11:44 AM
jerrydavidson62
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Street Glide Updraft

I installed the H-D fork deflectors yesterday. What a difference they make in the air. No more eyeball bounce.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:09 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

I don't know if fork baffles fit the 14&>. I've got a glide air systems baffle. Inexpensive,ultra light and it works.

Quick Reply: Fork Wind Deflectors +1