Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bike Lift from HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Bike Lift from HD

Anyone seen or tried this yet? Considerably cheaper than JS or Pitbull jacks - only has one review online, not glowing nor terrible.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
sgs14
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the j&s jack is by far the best. no straps needed. just spend the extra money and you will be happy

Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 PM
nervous
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I am sure it's of similar quality and function as the red Craftsman lift, which works just fine at a very decent price. I am sure the J&S is a fine product but at 4-5 times what I paid for my craftsman used I just can't justify that. Especially for 99.9% of what I'll use it for.

I'll be curious to hear more about this HD model.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:16 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Previous HD lift was the same as the Craftsman for $99 on sale as well as the Harbor freight $79 on sale. While the roots of the one in the picture look to be the same jack, there are some minor differences. I am sure they will show up on Sears and HF brands as well.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I love my pitbull. Was going to order a J&S jack but found a Pitbull locally for a killer price.

Looks like it would be easier than the crank version I lost saw Harley had.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by sgs14
the j&s jack is by far the best. no straps needed. just spend the extra money and you will be happy
After having a J&S I have to agree. One of the best investments I've made for my Harley. Once you have one and see how stable it is compared to whatever you used before you'll understand. I can't see putting my 20 plus thousand dollar toy up on anything else.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I've used the inexpensive lifts for years with no straps, NO problems...I wouldn't spend the money on a J&S to do the same job that I can spend a hundred bux on...but I try to use a little common sense and not ask the lift to do more than it's designed to do, too...such as permanently leave the bike on it while not riding...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Turret_plug
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the craftsman "red" jack...... Works fine. I only use the ratchet straps for when I go high, as in to remove the rear wheel, other than that, I just use without the straps for popping the front, or rear wheel off the ground a little for cleaning. I have one of the little scissor jacks as well...... That little thing scares me though because it's not very wide, and the bike teeters

Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I almost ordered the new HD jack. Very similar to the HF jack. If I remember correctly the HD jack is $300. For $440 I had the J&S jack delivered to my front door. I also have a Direct lift that is great for most work but not the best for detailing or tire/wheel work. I've used HF and Sears jacks that are much cheaper than HD's version. The J&S is just plain better. My RGU weighs in at close to 900 lbs so the less expensive jacks are not likely to last anyway.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
hotline1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Leather Up Bad Service

I ordered a modular helmet from Leather Up this past Friday evening online I ordered a large and figured out I needed an Ex large they were closed from Saturday thru Monday call first thing Tuesday morning they told me the order was in the warehouse and they could not change the order so I am going to have to send it back as soon as I get and they did not care so if you order from them you better get it right the first time

Quick Reply: New Bike Lift from HD