Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Seat For Both That Doesn't Move Me Forward?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 PM
rg567
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good Seat For Both That Doesn't Move Me Forward?

Bike is a 2006 Ultra that is stripped like a Street Glide. I'm 6'1" with long legs. A stock FHLX seat fits me pretty well but is terrible for both her and I on longer trips.

I picked up a Mustang Wide Touring seat but it moves me up and forward which I do not like. This seat also bothers my back, right above the beltline. It's not an ache, more like sunburn, just a weird feeling that I don't get with the SG seat.

Anyway, are there any seats out there that can do it all? Comfort for both rider and passenger for a 300 mile day, SG seating position or back a bit, plus decent looks when the tour pak is off?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Stock Road Glide seats are very nice BUTT everyone **** is different as is their riding position...I have a Sundowner on my glide and O'lady and i are very happy with it....
My Sundowner looks like this.....

Attached Thumbnails Good Seat For Both That Doesn't Move Me Forward?-image.jpg  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

This is a Road Glide Seat on the left...SG on the rite :-)

Attached Thumbnails Good Seat For Both That Doesn't Move Me Forward?-image.jpg  
Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Had a Sundowner on my Street Glide, and it moved me forward too much.

Now have a Hammock, and it is more comfortable to both of us, however it does not look all that custom. Looks comfy and it is.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:38 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

rg567 , im 6,0 and i just put a tallboy on my ultra and did the harley goodies floor board ext and it feels really good , it really moved me back and feels like down a bit , also did the tour pack relocator from dk customs to moved it back and now it looks like a long caddy

Old 06-14-2014, 05:27 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riteway
Stock Road Glide seats are very nice BUTT everyone **** is different as is their riding position...I have a Sundowner on my glide and O'lady and i are very happy with it....
My Sundowner looks like this.....

Same here, I had the stock Street Glide seat and went with the Sundowner. I have never experienced any pain yet, granted the furthest I have driven with it non stop was 93 miles though. it is a 1000% improvement over the stock seat for sure......

Old 06-14-2014, 05:06 PM
rg567
Cruiser

I've read good reviews on the sundowner but have heard it sits forward compared to the stock sg seat. Is this the case with you guys?

Old 06-14-2014, 05:23 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rg567
I've read good reviews on the sundowner but have heard it sits forward compared to the stock sg seat. Is this the case with you guys?
I don't feel it moved me forward at all, granted I might have changed my sitting position with this seat compared to the other though. I'm 6' 3" and it sits me perfectly............ good luck Man. I do see a Sundowned come into the BST from time to time, jump on one in there.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:33 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Until this bike...

I used Sundowners on all the HD bikes I owned. Never felt like I was being moved forward, and the deep bucket was WAY more comfortable than the stock seats. Now on this bike, I like the stock seat. At least for now. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:13 AM
rg567
Cruiser

One bump for a new week. Any other opinions?

Quick Reply: Good Seat For Both That Doesn't Move Me Forward?