Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

glide pro system, or ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 AM
bartk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glide pro system, or ??

Well.. i have a road king custom 2004. Like many of you upgraded my bike to make it more comfortable but also more “ safer” . Started with a progressive touring link, upgraded the suspension to Bitubo emulsion shocks and in the front emulators. Front and rear tires from the brand metzeler. Overall happy but there still some flex in the bike, so looking for some options. im agressive rider, and here in the Netherlands a lot of cornering and 80+ mph highways

Found the glide pro system and the offer a total package of poly motor mount and rear mounts, or only the front motor mount. Will the total package bring a lot of benefit with my existing progressive touring link? Or will only the front mount do the trick ?

Also open for other suggestions  !

Old 06-19-2014, 09:06 AM
greggmig
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them in my bike, been through several different versions over the past 7 years. The original ones I purchased for the rear they were ok lasted a couple years. I contacted them due to the fact the bike was making a banging noise from the rear over bumps that had nothing to do with my shocks, come to find out the urethane turned to mush. They told me that they changed their formula and recommended that I replace the front mount also with their rear mount bushings for a couple hundred dollars. Got everything put it in bike seemed good then over the course of the last 3 or four years they have warrantied the front mount a couple times and the rear bushings a few times. Customer service is very good they send you need products then send the old ones back no charge except for you shipping old parts out. The newest and latest version seem to be holding up. I ride really hard don't know if this has anything to do with the longevity.
overall they are a very well made product that they back. Jack Or is the owner he can be reached and will spend time on the phone with you if needed.
Gregg

Old 06-20-2014, 12:27 AM
bartk
Intermediate

thanks for you reply greg!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:50 AM
greggmig
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anytime

Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,246 Likes on 3,624 Posts

The main issue is that the drive train moves side to side in the rear some.. What is unfortunate is that the progressive touring link only controls side play to one side. Devices like Glide pro and stabo only control drivetrain movement by trying to stiffen the existing mounting system.. You would be better off using a center frame mounted stabilizer. The glide pro will help tho especially if you keep the progressive link.. IMO the rear section of the frame that supports the drivetrain is the weak link. No only do the isolators crush, but the side of the frame that supports the force also moves. What is unfortunate is that the other side of the frame is doing nothing. What is better about the frame mounted link systems is that the take the load off the sides of the frame..

Anyway if you go with GP keep the progressive link and make sure the ball ends are still tight.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:02 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Also look at the front trees, the design is flexy and horrible.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:07 AM
bartk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bwoltz
The main issue is that the drive train moves side to side in the rear some.. What is unfortunate is that the progressive touring link only controls side play to one side. Devices like Glide pro and stabo only control drivetrain movement by trying to stiffen the existing mounting system.. You would be better off using a center frame mounted stabilizer. The glide pro will help tho especially if you keep the progressive link.. IMO the rear section of the frame that supports the drivetrain is the weak link. No only do the isolators crush, but the side of the frame that supports the force also moves. What is unfortunate is that the other side of the frame is doing nothing. What is better about the frame mounted link systems is that the take the load off the sides of the frame..

Anyway if you go with GP keep the progressive link and make sure the ball ends are still tight.
Yep. Exactly my thought also. Also the benifit of the upgraded front mount. Have seen some reviews on you tube and the difference is huge. This is gojng to be my next mode thanks for replying

Old 06-22-2014, 03:08 AM
bartk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Also look at the front trees, the design is flexy and horrible.
i have put in the front ricor imitators. Made a huge improvement. The design of the triple trees is indeed weak, but this mod was enough for me.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:02 AM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Put the Glide Pro package including upgraded swing arm bearings ( extra not provided by Glide Pro) and it cured the wobble and tightened her *** right up ( '91 Electra Glide Evo)! Felt like it was on a rail and no more wobble. Have an '07 RK now with stock bushings and don't feel the same wobble with bigger swing arm and beefier frame...so far. Can't go wrong with GP as it works. Only diff was a little buzzier at some rpms but well worth the handling improvement IMO.