Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Transport Mode 2014 Street Glide Special

Old 06-27-2014, 04:05 PM
ezridermn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security System Transport Mode 2014 Street Glide Special

I have 2014 Street Glide Special. I want to put the security system in transport mode.

I followed the directions in the owners manual. FOB present turn ignition on before security light goes out turn ignition off. Within 3 seconds press right and left turn signal buttons at the same time and there should be a single flash of the turn signals to confirm the bike is in transport mode.

My bike flashes three times when I follow the directions detailed above. What do the three flashes mean? Is the bike not in transport mode? If so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I followed the same procedure but I don't remember the final flash if it were one or three. What I did do though is place the fob far away and move the bike around to see if it goes off. You can do this before you load it on the trailer.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:48 PM
cfreeze
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 06-28-2014, 06:03 AM
motoguy82
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Luckily I have a box trailer and I just put the fob in the fairing box when I haul it. I can't remember these complicated procedures, nor do I want to haul around my owners manual everywhere.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:55 AM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motoguy82
Luckily I have a box trailer and I just put the fob in the fairing box when I haul it. I can't remember these complicated procedures, nor do I want to haul around my owners manual everywhere.
Same here, toss the fob in the bag and roll.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:26 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by motoguy82
I also have an enclosed, I just wedge the fob in my seat.

I reckon it could be locked in a saddlebag or tourpak just as easily.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Well last week I trailered my Limited to Yellowstone. I did not put it in transport mode. The battery was all sorts of dead when I got there. I read the directions for the transport mode for the way back. Mine also flashed more than once. So I moved the Fob far away from the bike and sat on it, rocking it back and forth. No flashing lights, mission accomplished.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:50 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,198 Likes on 11,126 Posts

Or just pull the maxi-fuse. With Fob present, switch to "ignition" position, and the pull the max-fuse. Everything disabled, and no battery drain.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:56 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah,keeping the fob in the trailer with the bike may not work. I hauled mine home from TN a month ago in a trailer with the fob in the tour pack...came home to a completely dead battery

Old 06-29-2014, 10:42 AM
ezridermn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the help!

I hauled my bike from Lake of the Ozarks to my home in Minnesota yesterday (650 miles). I followed the procedure to put it in transport mode and got the resulting three flashes I referenced above and as demonstrated in the video provided by cfreeze.

The bike started right up when I got home. Seems to be that the three flashes are part of the confirmation procedure but that is not detailed in the manual.

Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Security System Transport Mode 2014 Street Glide Special