Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 street glide dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
SuperTigger
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 street glide dead

Hi All,
I have a 2007 Street Glide and the other day I started it after sitting for the night and it fired right up, and after warming up I got on and went to leave for work, got half way across the parking lot and it just died instantly no power at all no lights no alarm no anything. Has this ever happened to anyone else and what could it posibly be. I checkeed the battery and it was good, topped of the charge and still nothing, I've checked all the grounds and made sure they were tight and not corroded and called the local Harley shop and they couldnt help over the phone. Can anyone help Please.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

just guessing but, How about the fuse or fuses ?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

You have a total disruption of power! There are very few things that can do that to you, one being the main fuse, if your bike has one, another is a broken main battery cable, or the main power wire to the ignition switch. It is probably a mechanical failure, in other words electricity cannot flow because something above has broken. A thorough inspection, starting at the battery, should locate it.

Your owners manual shows you where your fuses are. If you don't have one you can download it on the H-D website, go to the Owners tab.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 PM
SuperTigger
5th Gear

I did check the fuses and all were good and this weekend I will do just that and work my way from the battery out through the whole bike and see if i can find anything out. Thank you all for your input and if there are any other suggestions I'm open to them all. Again thnk you!

Last edited by SuperTigger; 07-11-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:08 PM
2-Piece
Cruiser

Defective or loose connection to the main switch on the steering head?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:20 PM
SuperTigger
5th Gear

I will also look at that main switch tomorrow thank you for your suggestion.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 PM
SuperTigger
5th Gear

Well I tore the whole bike down and found nothing that i could have tightened or any cut wires that may have shorted out the bike so if no one has any other suggestions I'm just gunna take it to Harley.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you ohm out the ignition switch? I've seen this happen and it completely interrupts all power.

Verify that you have 12vdc into, and out of your switch. I'm betting you don't, if you don't hear your fuel-pump energize.

Have you done ANY work to anything recently? Anything in the fairing, stereo, bars, lights, etc?

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 07-12-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTigger
Well I tore the whole bike down and found nothing that i could have tightened or any cut wires that may have shorted out the bike so if no one has any other suggestions I'm just gunna take it to Harley.
Best move you could make at this point, actually!

Old 07-13-2014, 12:57 PM
SuperTigger
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Did you ohm out the ignition switch? I've seen this happen and it completely interrupts all power.

Verify that you have 12vdc into, and out of your switch. I'm betting you don't, if you don't hear your fuel-pump energize.

Have you done ANY work to anything recently? Anything in the fairing, stereo, bars, lights, etc?
I didn't OHM the ignition but I did take the ignition apart and I didn't visually see any problems and no i haven't done any alterations yet.

Quick Reply: 2007 street glide dead