Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of new Corbin seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:24 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Review of new Corbin seat

A little over a month ago I purchased a new Ultra Limited. Unfortunately the stock seat sat me too high and forward for my liking. I started the search for a new seat that would lower me and move me back about 2 inches in each direction. After much decision making, I ordered a new Corbin Ultra seat. I spoke with the rep from there and advised her of my requests. She advised me that their stock seat sat 1/2 inch lower than my stock seat. She also told me that they would custom build my seat to my specs using their soft cell foam so it wouldn't be as hard. Seat came in and looks awesome. It's very comfortable. They moved me back a good 2 inches however I actually feel like I'm higher. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they can do about lowering me. I have about 500 miles on the seat so far and I would highly recommend this seat to anyone

Old 07-14-2014, 06:43 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior

Spoke with Corbin today... They are covering the shipping both ways and reshaping the seat for me at their cost since it was not satisfactory. I am happy with the customer service

Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

This is great to hear because there are some on these forums that always complain about Corbin's and their customer service. I have been riding on Corbin saddles on my Harley's since 1996 and always found them very comfortable and never a complaint with the customer service.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:33 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a solo seat from them in Daytona...sent it to them after 10 years for a do over...they are great to deal with...came back looking super and for reasonable money. Like them a good deal....

Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I know its subjective but can you give an idea how much softer the soft cell foam is? Maybe in relation to the stock seat? I like the look of the Corbin but any of their seats I have ever sat on is the same - rock hard and I just cannot stand it.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior

Ok, the soft cell foam is softer than Corbin's typical foam but not nearly as soft as the HD stock seat. It's definitely a firm seat, but not as hard as most Corbins I've felt. It took me a while to drink the Kool Aid about harder seats being more comfortable, but after a 500 mile ride this weekend, I felt better than I do after a long ride with the stock seat. Now they just have to get my position right lol

Old 07-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had two of their seats and really like them. Had the Gunfighter on a softail custom and on a Fatboy. Never tried the two up seats from them but once the seat breaks your butt in they are great..lol

Old 07-15-2014, 06:23 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior

In reference to their customer service, let me throw this out there. The woman's name was Andrea, there are two of them. First Andrea you speak to is the receptionist at the California shop. The second Andrea is the sales/production rep. The first Andrea is very easy to reach by phone because she's the receptionist lol. The second Andrea is MUCH harder to reach via phone. She apparently always "just took a call"... But her email responses are great. During the production phase, there were a few hiccups, such as the seat not being delivered on time as promised. I was notified of this via email rather than phone call as I was told I would receive. So putting the simple frustrations aside of wanting to speak to your rep when you call, they do follow through with helping you

Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,145 Likes on 21,332 Posts

Originally Posted by ptl203
A little over a month ago I purchased a new Ultra Limited. Unfortunately the stock seat sat me too high and forward for my liking. I started the search for a new seat that would lower me and move me back about 2 inches in each direction.
C &C Seats (Chuck and Chewy) used to work for Corbin and Danny Gray.
Their standard seat design moves you down and back 3/4-1 inch and probably could be mod-ed a tad more if you need more?
[IMG][/IMG]
I had one but the wife said it encroached in her space a bit much so sold it.
However, workman-ship top notch/bar none and half the cost of a Corbin.

Corbin's are a little too much on the firm side for me.
Not as bad as the lepera though.
That was like sitting on a vinyl covered brick.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

I have a corbin solo done with the softer foam and I love it.
It's a LOT softer than a stock corbin, but not as soft as a mustang or the stock seat is.
Also have a flame pattern stitched into the seat, to do this they use another layer of soft foam for the stitching .
Between the softer base foam and the added layer, the seat is very comfortable right out of the box, NO breaking required!

Quick Reply: Review of new Corbin seat