Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who rides with their Son (or Kid)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Big Boz
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

My 19 year old rides, as do a couple of his buddies. The father in law rides as well. It is a fun day when I get to watch my son with his grandfather (two peas in a pod) riding together. When everyone is together and I am riding lead, I feel like an elk or deer being stalked by a pack of wolves. I give them the ok to pass signal and off they go. I usually see them trying to be sneaky, sitting back at an intersection, trying to hide. Those are the great days.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:15 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

as I will not get rid of the EVO, he can use it (he is almost 23) AS LONG AS HE ASKS. for now not without me riding along.
250lbs versus 6xx lbs is a difference and he did not see it that way, now he does.

we'll see if he will ride (street) for the long run. I am crossing my fingers he will stay away from crouch rockets (no offense... seen too many young kids gone down on them, thinking they could ride/control the bike).

Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,251 Likes on 814 Posts

Mine started riding when he was 7-8. He's 13 now, and on his third dirt bike, soon to move up to his fourth. He enjoys it, but he's not passionate about it. He's never ridden street, or even on the harley out in the fields. I did get my first dirt bike as a result of him.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

My daughter has already asked if she can have one when she gets bigger.....
not older...bigger.

Last edited by Roger That; 07-23-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM
PyroMedic
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish my old man would ride with me. has a victory jackpot that gets 500~ miles a year put on it. over half from me making sure its maintained.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:19 PM
roguebird
Advanced

My 17yo will be doimg her MSF course next year she's excited, She's been sizing up my triumph storm. Ain't happening though, I will be in the market for a 883 next year. I recently took my 14yo with me on a 500+ mile ride on my limited and she loved it. I can only say I will have great riding buddies in a couple more years

Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any kids yet and my dad doesn't do the internet so I'll answer for him. We ride together a few times a year, both day trips and longer trips. He and my mom do a long trip every year that brings them out west of the Mississippi and I usually plan a trip to meet up with them somewhere along the way, ride together for a few days, and then head back home.

When I go back to Florida to visit them (usually 2 times a year), we ride pretty much every day I'm there. I keep my Heritage at their place for that very reason.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 22 year old son and I started riding together occasionally this year. He rides my Ultra Limited and I'm on the K16 when we go but we have switched bikes during the rides a couple of times. We have different schedules so we don't get to do it often. This is one of the several reasons I have 2 touring bikes. I would like him to come along with his Mom and me on one of our longer trips. Make it more of a family thing. My daughter (19) will not get on a bike.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 PM
scottbess
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After about a 25 years hiatus from riding, my 20 year-old-son talked me into taking the beginner riding course with him at the local HD dealer. I thought...great bonding time, he'll learn to ride correctly, I may even learn a thing or two, but it will be a one-time deal for me...not interested in getting back into riding. Well....two weeks later, I'm buying a nice used Heritage Softail and a year later I added a Ultra Limited to the garage. Now, my son and I ride together quite often (him on the Heritage and me on the Ultra). It's been a great experience. I highly recommend it and wish we would have done it sooner!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:23 PM
dfd7940
Intermediate

My oldest has been riding crotch rockets for years. His current ride is a Honda RC51 which to me is a scary a** ride. Anyway, when I bought the '14 SGS I kept the '02 Road King. We ride together now with him on the RK and it is pretty cool. He also hasn't touched the Honda since.

Quick Reply: Who rides with their Son (or Kid)...