Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a new Full Face Helmet Bell Star Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 PM
denalion22
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offthewall
Thanks, so is your Bell Star. Both are awesome helmets.

Helmets in this price range are all about personal fit and the RF-1200 fit me like a glove. I tried enough of them; really testing Revzilla's return policy. LOL.

They are supposed to come out with a Transitions shield next month. I've got one on order.
I totally agree with you right there...

Old 07-23-2014, 11:31 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waiting on a review........

Old 07-24-2014, 11:34 AM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by papadop88
Waiting on a review........
Few more days papa. I want to make sure I give me honest opinion.

I might be able to save you money, or make you spend more money

Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by scott01
That's a great looking lid. How does it fit (round/oval)?
Originally Posted by Boost
I've been looking at this helmet for a while. Looking forward for a review...
Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
How do you guys buy helmets, I don't wanna buy online without trying it on but so few places around that actually have a good selection of helmets in stock. Bought a Harley helmet last time and leaning towards another ONLY because it's in stock and I tried it on.
I get stuff from Revzilla. here is a link to their site and review of the helmet http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/b...n-solid-helmet
no restock fee if it doesn't fit. real easy to work with. I recommend these guys for a lot of your gear.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice looking but when I saw the price of $650 thats more than a schuberth that is the lightest/quietest helmet on the market.
For the person that asked how to buy and fit them on your head, you have to go somewhere that sells them and try them on, when you find the one that fits go online and buy. You may get lucky and the local dealer may match the online price.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:44 AM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by bagman1
Nice looking but when I saw the price of $650 thats more than a schuberth that is the lightest/quietest helmet on the market.
For the person that asked how to buy and fit them on your head, you have to go somewhere that sells them and try them on, when you find the one that fits go online and buy. You may get lucky and the local dealer may match the online price.
Your right about the cost. However, if you look at the reviews on the helmet it's well worth the price tag.

With regards to weight I can vouche for it being tidiculously light. Almost to the point that I don't even realize I have a helmet on.

Looks. Holy **** it's amazing

Quality top notch

Ventilation it's like having air conditioning.

It's probably the best lid owned.

Now I've never owned a schuberth so I can't compare.

Pricing it's fair. Definitely fair. It's probably in the top 5 helmets on the market that is being used in the pro circuit.

I bought it for $400. So there is deals on them you just got to look and find the right seller as I did.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 AM
harfooz
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a great looking helmet denalion22!

You'll appreciate being able to take the pads out to de-stinkify them. I'm wearing an Arai Profile and XD-3 and have to do the dunk-it-in-a-tub method to get the pads clean.

The carbon looks great on any helmet. Prices will eventually come down across the board...I hope. The KBC carbon helmet is a great looking helmet, but the build quality of the KBC's doesn't seem to be where Bell, Arai, Shoei, etc. are. The Arai carbon helmet is stratospherically high.

'fooz

Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 AM
denalion22
Road Master

Originally Posted by harfooz
That's a great looking helmet denalion22!

You'll appreciate being able to take the pads out to de-stinkify them. I'm wearing an Arai Profile and XD-3 and have to do the dunk-it-in-a-tub method to get the pads clean.

The carbon looks great on any helmet. Prices will eventually come down across the board...I hope. The KBC carbon helmet is a great looking helmet, but the build quality of the KBC's doesn't seem to be where Bell, Arai, Shoei, etc. are. The Arai carbon helmet is stratospherically high.

'fooz
Thank you very much. I had an arai before and love it. And the carbon is just to die for

Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I buy pretty much everything online after reading and researching...

For Harley Parts I only buy from Kutter Harley Davidson... They are the best

for everything else I use motorcycle superstore dot come or revzilla... both places don't charge tax and shipping is fast and usually free.

Lastly there return policy is great you don't like it box it back and ship it back...

ya you have a chance with a helmet that it does not fit etc... but they will take itback which is cool...
me too.

one thing learned that I did not think was true about helmets is that you buy for a pretty tight fit. Almost too tight. A very experienced race rider told me this, and showed me how tight a helmet should feel..like real tight to the point where you cant get your hands into the sides between you and the helmet. When you turn you head fast, helmet should not move at all.

now that I am used to this fit I would not go back.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on the review?

Quick Reply: Just bought a new Full Face Helmet Bell Star Carbon