Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about stage 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM
frankHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about stage 3?

Hi everyone, first time I post in this section of the forum, use to own a dyna, changed to a road king a year ago and just changed again for a road glide today.

It is a 2006 and I was told by the previous owner it has a stage 3.. Dealer couldn't confirm that because they changed their data base a couple years ago and they lost all records of work done on bikes before 09. The owner I bought it from bought it from the dealership in 09 and was told by the dealership that it had a stage 3 but he doesn't know much about this.

I bought it a good price and don't mind if it doesn't have it. When I test drove it, it didn't seem like it was crazy powerfull compared to my 04 road king, but it was raining outside and I couldn't go full throttle. Is there an other way than taking it to the dealership to find out more about it.

I did not find any tuner, it use to have a thunder header exhaust, but it got changed for some other 50/50 that I don't know, because sound was to much for last owner. It has the basic K&N air filter, he was told that cams were changed but he doesn't know much more about this

Last edited by frankHD; 07-23-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 PM
frankHD
Intermediate

here are some pictures

Attached Thumbnails Question about stage 3?-2.jpg   Question about stage 3?-3.jpg   Question about stage 3?-1.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm diggin it, good luck with it Man. ride safe.......................

Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmmm... Opening up the motor seems like a waste. I got an idea!!! Line up next to another stock bike and see if you woop his ***!!! If not nope she's stock!!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Lack of a presence of a "tuner" doesn't surprise me.

If a TTS was used, there would be nothing left "on the bike" except the map. I believe the same for the SERT.

Dealer SHOULD be able to plug in and see what "map" is on there, and if he's worth his salt, will recognize if it is stock or a HD download, or something else.

Pretty shitty of them to not back up their files, IMHO.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:27 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

That is the stock headpipe on there, or one that looks just like it.

Most aftermarket products don't leave the BIG *** GAP by the right footboard like the stocker does. Kury does make a nice filler piece for that.

Can't tell what slip-ons those are though.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 AM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow really "lost all data before 2009". Must have been a lame database upgrade with no backups. If its an ECM tuner then no tuner has to be present. That being said, if theres no proof of cams or stage 3 upgrade, then I would have made an offer as if those were not even installed on the bike. As far as the ride, maybe the stage 3 and cams are geared toward top end. You'll know once you go hard on the throttle.

Sounds like you got a good price for it regardless and are happy with the purchase. Ride on!

Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
frankHD
Intermediate

Yes I did get it for a good price, I had it for the same price the stock ones are going for, low mileage, pretty clean, nice color, at that point the uprades were just a plus. I had to drive 5hours back and forth to get it, the purchase was dealed on the phone, I got there tried the bike everything worked fine and I already spoke to his dealership before driving there, so it wasn't a surprise that there was no proof of the stage 3. Lets just hope that the cams were changed and get a thunder header and a tuner, but first RIDE!