Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics

The Russell seat showed up today. Dual Russell with heat and backrest - all vinyl. took the bike for a quick 40 mile spin. The seat feels great but needs to break in. The pillion may sit my wife a bit higher from the looks of it but still lower than my BMW pillion. Also got a Russell for my K1600 last week. Almost broken in but not sure if this one may need an adjustment. The Harley seat feels good with no hint of an issue. The people at Russell were/are wonderful to deal with. Great customer service!The first picture is the BMW seat. While it looks to be shaped very differently, most of the dimensions are very close to the Harley seat.

Attached Thumbnails Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics-photo-1.jpg   Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics-photo-2.jpg   Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics-photo-3.jpg   Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics-photo-4.jpg  

Last edited by Charlie Fogg; 07-23-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

........ damn that looks comfortable !

Old 07-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Almost looks like the shape of a police seat for the rider but with more padding. Does it sit you higher than stock?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:06 PM
DRJ1911
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Russell seats are great, You will love them.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Almost looks like the shape of a police seat for the rider but with more padding. Does it sit you higher than stock?
My feet are on the ground the same when stopped. At first, judging by the windshield height, I thought I might be up a little higher but after about 15 minutes, I couldn't tell any difference. I had heard in the past that they tend to sit the rider up higher and have an impact on your feet reaching the ground. I guess if you were a big guy, the wings might be more prominent and cause that but not in my case. Having these conversations with their seat builders goes a long way toward satisfaction when the seat arrives.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Russell on my R1200RT. Most comfortable seat I've ever had. How do you decide which bike to ride each day?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sgl0226
I had a Russell on my R1200RT. Most comfortable seat I've ever had. How do you decide which bike to ride each day?
Depends on my mood and if my wife is going, she gets a vote. Best case is my son is going and we take both. If I'm going with friends who have Harley's, I'll generally take the HD because they can't keep up with the K

Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
If I'm going with friends who have Harley's, I'll generally take the HD because they can't keep up with the K
You need to ride with better riders.

The Russell is the best seat out there imo. Always the 1st thing I ordered for my BMWs. The design intent is to add a wider framework than the typical metric offers in frame support width - hence the frame and springs approach unlike most other seats out there that simply use a pan and various foams. A Harley, in theory, doesn't need that framework built into the seat. But, in practice, I haven't found a seat for my FLs that equal a Russell. Great stuff.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:13 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My gf would not go for that tight space on the back, but looks comfy for the driver..

Old 07-23-2014, 10:40 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had Russell seat on my 2005 Ultra since new. Another feature is that they will rebuild after 50k miles for only $150. Great seat, and I am always the one who complains about stopping so soon - and often. You'll love it.

Quick Reply: Russell Seat Arrived/Installed - Pics