Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Arlen Ness Hot Legs Strong Enuf

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 AM
BugSlayer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Arlen Ness Hot Legs Strong Enuf

I love the looks of the Ness "hot legs" lower forks, but am worried about the strength/rigidity of the legs compared to stock. The 2014 FLHX has encreased the size of their lower forks this year to help in handling (reduced flexing). The Ness lower forks look to be smaller in diamater, more especially the deep cut legs. I don't know if the construction compensates for the smaller diamater or not. Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
BugSlayer

Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I have never heard of an issue with these. The only lower leg issues I know of is with guys going to 26" and 30" rims and having issues with the brackets that those huge fenders bolt to due to the excessive weight of the fenders. The only customer I had who had this problem had American Suspension legs as well.

Ness is not going to put out a substandard part that will cause problems, they have been in this business for a very long time. The Hot legs are a really nice look comapred to the crab stock lowers. Another option is the PM lower legs which are different but nice as well. Check them out.
http://www.hogpro.com/showsubcat2.ph...16&subcatid=64

Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've used PM lowers and they worked great! I like them so much, on my new ride, I bought a another set.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:40 AM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I have never heard of an issue with these. The only lower leg issues I know of is with guys going to 26" and 30" rims and having issues with the brackets that those huge fenders bolt to due to the excessive weight of the fenders. The only customer I had who had this problem had American Suspension legs as well.

Ness is not going to put out a substandard part that will cause problems, they have been in this business for a very long time. The Hot legs are a really nice look comapred to the crab stock lowers. Another option is the PM lower legs which are different but nice as well. Check them out.
http://www.hogpro.com/showsubcat2.ph...16&subcatid=64
Just emailed you about a set!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Responded. We'll find a way to work this out for you.

Drew