Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full face

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

I had some fool make a comment about my F/F a couple of weeks ago....He was a loser and a moron and had a Harley T-shirt on while standing next to his beat to **** Toyota Camry.

Somehow I was able to survive the emotional trauma and move on....

People are idiots!

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have a 1/2, a 3/4 and Modular.The half helmet is pretty much worthless I carry the 3/4 and the modular most of the time.I wear the Modular in the morning when it's cold and when my wife's on the back it has the headset.When it's warm I love my 3/4 it's comfortable considerably less noisy than the modular and there's nothing like feeling wind on your face.And yes I know if I crash with the 3/4 my face is toast, really not much of an issue in my case lol.I've worn full face for years and if you wear glasses a modular or 3/4 is way easier to live with.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
nj08SEUltra
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
You will find out that a lot of POSER Harley Riders are some of the most fashion conscience group around.

I own several Helmets and which one I feel the safest which, And could real care less what others say.

Just ride and enjoy.

Arai Quantum
Shoei J wing and Santa Cruz

For really Hot weather you can't beat a full face, most people have not clue.
Can you explain the benefits of the full face in "really hot weather"? Seems counterintuitive.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by nj08SEUltra
Can you explain the benefits of the full face in "really hot weather"? Seems counterintuitive.
Probably because your face isn't exposed to the sun. I'd like to wear a full face but damn if I don't sweat and that helmet starts to get ripe as heck

Old 07-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
Probably because your face isn't exposed to the sun. I'd like to wear a full face but damn if I don't sweat and that helmet starts to get ripe as heck
Also, if the air temperature is hotter than your skin temperature, the hot air has the effect of heating you up even more.

When its under 98 degrees, I will often ride with my visor up a notch or two. Over 98 degrees and that thing is closed the majority of the time. The vents provide enough air circulation to combine with the sweat and cool the melon slightly.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:07 PM
jmn1960
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorido
Also, if the air temperature is hotter than your skin temperature, the hot air has the effect of heating you up even more.

When its under 98 degrees, I will often ride with my visor up a notch or two. Over 98 degrees and that thing is closed the majority of the time. The vents provide enough air circulation to combine with the sweat and cool the melon slightly.
i also ride with mine open 1/2 way almost always, excert when it is rainin or bitter cold i close it ,, as i ride year around,unless there is snow on the ground or expecting the white stuff,. also when above100* it is closed.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

The type helmet you wear is really no one's business but your own. I wear a 3/4 helmet that doesn't fit the Harley poser definition of cool. I could care less. If someone makes a derogatory comment about your FF helmet that automatically puts them in the poser category as far as I'm concerned. I know of a couple Hells Angels who wear FF helmets. Bet you won't hear anyone making stupid comments to them.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:35 PM
BLMC
Road Captain
Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jmn1960
why do people say , people who ride harlys dont wear full face helmets.
because people say stupid stuff all the time. Everyone has a mouth... but a brain is not required equipment in order to use it.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:19 PM
11rkc
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Peteinpc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorido
I see this or some iteration of this statement regarding full face helmets all the time. Frankly, it is the dumbest crap I've ever heard. If you would rather be in the car than wearing a FF on a motorcycle, than you are riding for the wrong reasons in the first place.

I used to ride without a helmet, and I loved it. There's nothing like it, but I have young kids now, and I couldnt explain to them why they need a helmet and I don't. So I put one on, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of my FF, the only people in my life that matter dig it.

Quick Reply: full face